Chapter III: Act VI

Cw: blood, mention of death
╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Fuck You
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

(Y/n) tugged at the cuffed sleeves that rubbed at his skin uncomfortably, an annoyed look crossing his face.

Crepus gave an amused look at the boy that dared to wear a suit to Diluc's party that was about to start in about an hour.

"Is this necessary?" (Y/n) mumbled under his breath, furrowing his brows a bit.

Crepus gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry, (Y/n)." He apologized.

The (H/c)ette huffed lightly in disappointment before glancing outside of a window that introduced the pre-teen to the outside world.

He could see how those that were invited were starting to show up and hang about in the opening not far off from the Dawn Winery and sighed.

"I'm guessing Diluc is nervous?" (Y/n) asked, looking over at Crepus with a concerned look.

Crepus chuckled lightly and nodded his head. "Of course, he is." He answered.

(Y/n) hummed lightly before tugging at the cuffs once more.

The owner of (E/c) eyes knew about how both Diluc and Kaeya had a crush on him. How? Well, it was really obvious.

(Y/n) would always catch small glances sent towards them by Diluc. And Kaeya would try his best to do small conversations despite his anxiety spiking every time, causing him to leave within like a minute or two.

"It's amazing to see people come all together in harmony, even if it's just for a birthday." (Y/n) murmured under his breath.

Crepus gazed sadly at the pre-teen before him before smiling. "Do you wanna go downstairs? I'm pretty sure there might be someone down there you might know," he pointed out.

(Y/n) blinked before giving an unsure look. "I... don't know. It's mostly rich people that are here," he retorted.

Crepus smiled a bit. "If not, I'm pretty sure Kaeya is down there, too." He teased lightly, knowing about the crushes both his kids had on the (H/c)ette.

'This man... I mean, how hard could it be? If only (F/n) was here, they'd be talking shit and complaining about people while eating the whole time.' (Y/n) mentally sighed before forcing a smile.

"I can check, I guess." He replied with a slight shake of his head.

Crepus placed a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder. "I know you can do it."

(Y/n) just responded with a strained smile before leaving the room and heading out in the direction of the outside world.

✧˖*°࿐

Anxiety.

That's all (Y/n) could feel, nothing but anxiety.

Chatter surrounded the pre-teen who did his best to stay away from the crowd that was starting to form with rich adults.

(E/c) eyes darted back and forth as quiet, heavy breathing left between the young boy's lips. (S/c) fingers fidgeting and messing around with the hem of the undershirt that belonged to the suit as (Y/n) did his best to calm down.

Sweat dripped down the side of (Y/n)'s face as he breathed out shakily.

"-(n)?" A voice called out wearily.

A gentle embrace of a hand landed on (Y/n)'s shoulder, causing him to snap his head in the direction of the person who grabbed his attention.

Kaeya stared at the pre-teen, worried. His eye shined a bit in relief when he realized that he was able to bring (Y/n)'s attention somewhere else that wasn't the talking.