Chapter II: Act I

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Friendships
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

It's been four years since the creation of (Y/n)'s polearm. And four years since the said (H/c)ette had a run-in with Xingqiu, the second son of the Guild Manager of the Feiyun Commerce Guild.

However, during those four years, (Y/n) had become friends with Xingqiu despite their small differences. During that time, Xingqiu had introduced another figure into their small group, who went by the name of Chongyun, an exorcist who had yet to meet a spirit face-to-face due to his strong positive yang energy.

The trio; despite having their differences due to their status' in Liyue, it didn't change how they saw each other.

An exorcist.

A guild master's child.

And an inn owner's son.

How did these three come to be?

If you asked a resident of Liyue, they would answer how that it was meant to be.

But currently, there was no real answer. And the three were glad about that.

✧˖*°࿐

Somewhere else, three boys could be seen chilling underneath a tall tree that gave the trio a good amount of shade.

(Y/n) casually had his back pressed up against the tree, tiredly running his (S/c) fingers through another boy's locks.

"It is nice out here, isn't it?" A voice piped up from the side, capturing a pair of (E/c) and icy blue hues looking over.

Snapping his book shut, the seven-year-old Xingqiu sat up from where he was laying and turned his attention to Chongyun and (Y/n) with a relaxed stare.

"Uh-huh," Chongyun mumbled out as he bit into an ice-cold popsicle he usually carried around with him.

(Y/n) tiredly nodded his head as he stopped running his fingers through Chongyun's hair. "It's quiet down in the Harbor today, is there anything special going on?" He asked while raising an eyebrow.

Xingqiu gave a thoughtful look before nodding. "I believe so, from what I heard... we'll be having guests visiting from Inazuma," he answered.

Chongyun gave an annoyed but blank look at that answer. "Now? I forgot all about that," the icy bluenette mumbled out in disappointment.

(Y/n) hummed softly, before taking note of how Chongyun lifted his hand and placed it back into his hair. Smiling a bit in amusement, the eight-year-old went back to running his fingers through Chongyun's short locks.

Xingqiu then seemed to realize something. "Despite your poor status–"

"I know I'm an inn owner's child, you don't have to point that out." (Y/n) deadpanned.

"Right, sorry. But anyway, I overheard that someone is gonna try and court you." Xingqiu apologized before continuing the conversation.

Chongyun frowned a bit as he bites into his popsicle. "Again?" He mumbled out.

(Y/n) raised a brow at that. "Again? What do you mean, 'again'?" He asked.

Chongyun and Xingqiu froze up a bit before realizing that they would have to come forward sooner or later.

"Well, we know how you're not here in the harbor every single day, and um... we usually pay the courter to be... quiet," Xingqiu answered truthfully.

(Y/n) stared at the two boys in front of him with a deadpan look. "What?" He retorted.

Chongyun huffed lightly as he turned away from the other, not wanting to say anything.

(Y/n) shook his head in silent disappointment, not knowing what to say to the two in front of him.

Xingqiu rolled his eyes a bit before opening his book once more. "You're not even of age to be courted yet, but they still try so hard." He mumbled.

'Was that jealousy I heard? Oh my archons, they're jealous!' (Y/n) thought, doing his best not to snicker.

"If it's not wrong to ask... are you two perhaps, you know... jealous?" (Y/n) teased lightly, watching as the two boys flushed due to the embarrassment that they felt when the two of them realized that they got caught.

"Of course not!" Chongyun exclaimed with a look of horror on his face.

"Uh-huh," (Y/n) retorted.

Xingqiu stuffed his face into his book, doing whatever he could to calm the blazing warmth he felt.

"If you weren't jealous, then you wouldn't have bought their silence, now would you? Such tsundere's, the both of you." (Y/n) sighed out in amusement, his (E/c) hues glimmering with hidden mischief.

"We're just watching out for you," Chongyun points out in a mumble.

(Y/n) nodded his head. "And I thank you for that. But you do know that I'm able to decide for myself, right?" The (H/c)ette states.

Chongyun and Xingqiu just stayed quiet, listening to (Y/n)'s words.

(Y/n) leaned his head back onto the tree behind him. "Thank you, anyway. I probably would've denied it in the first place," he retorted.

This captured the duo's attention.

"Really?" Chongyun mumbled while biting into his popsicle once more.

"Mmhm," (Y/n) hummed while looking off into the far distance, keeping the momentum of running his fingers through the icy blue locks that belong to the young exorcist.

Xingqiu looked at the two boys beside him and deadpanned. Just how did he ever befriend these two again? Honestly, he didn't remember.

"You are an idiot."

"Sounds about right."

✧˖*°࿐

Goldet gave a knowing stare at a specific Adeptus who was staring off into the distance. She knew how (Y/n) didn't seem bothered about Xiao's karmic debt that the said Anemo wielder had.

It amused her greatly even though she knew that the Yaksha would deny everything.

She then knocked lightly on the wall beside her, capturing Xiao's attention.

Xiao narrowed his eyes a bit, wondering why Goldet was up here with him.

"You miss him, don't you?" Goldet asked, raising a brow at the emotionless figure beside her.

Xiao looked away from the female and glared in a random direction.

Goldet laughed softly, making sure she didn't make a single step closer as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"He's hanging out with friends right now. (Y/n) should be back at least by sunset, depending on if those visitors ever show up and make a ruckus down in the harbor."

Goldet watched as Xiao disappeared, going off to finish whatever he had left to do for the night.

She giggled softly. "He didn't deny it at all," she whispered. It amused her that (Y/n) had somehow wormed his way into Xiao's shielded and protected heart she knew that the other still had.

"Thank you for watching him, Xiao."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝