Chapter V: Act VI

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
After that Lyre!
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

(Y/n) quietly sips at the glass of apple juice in his hands, glancing back and forth at Venti and Diluc with a dumbfounded expression.

Paimon took this as her chance and immediately sat down onto the (H/c)ette's lap, leaning into the other's chest – a pleasing look slipping onto her face.

(Y/n) playfully rolled his eyes while making sure that the child didn't slip off due to him sitting on a stool in front of the bar.

Venti placed his hands on his lips as he gave a small grin. "This is the hotshot of the Knights of Favonius. Why would someone so aspiring steal Mondstadt's sacred treasure?" He asked.

A sour expression slipped onto Diluc's face.

"Hotshot...? Oh, so it's you. So, you and the bard are close friends?" Diluc retorted while crossing his arms over his chest.

Aether shook his head. "We're not close, actually."

Diluc hummed, "Well... Despite only being a passing traveler, you still offered your help to Mondstadt in its time of need. A shame you joined the Knights. The Knights of Favonius... Inefficient right from beginning to end. And towards the Fatui? Weak and conservative. Forget it. I don't feel like talking about it," he states.

"Seems you don't really like the Knights of Favonius." Venti points out.

"Just differences in approach is all. I have my own hopes for this city. Now, answers. Why did you steal the Holy Lyre?" Diluc asked.

(Y/n) blinked while sipping on a refilled cup of apple juice, watching the conversation in silence.

He didn't want to fuck up the timeline again so he decided not to pipe in unless necessary.

"You sure you want to know? It could implicate you in the affairs of the Knights of Favonius." Venti teased.

"That's fine. I somehow always end up implicated in their affairs," Diluc retorted.

"If I tell you the story with a performance, will you believe me?" Venti asked.

Diluc raised a brow. "It depends. I'll make my own judgment," he answered.

"Then will I get paid?" Venti asked in a hopeful voice.

"Your reward will range from anywhere between five mora and the Holy Lyre. It all depends on your story," Diluc replied.

"Very well. Let me put on a show..."

(Y/n) leaned back a bit, Paimon following in pursuit, as Venti started to play the lyre he had in his hands.

"The story I want to tell starts at... the sky dragon heeding his grave calls... Brutal battle with the wicked dragon... ingested venomous blood and fell into a slumber... only to awake to be expelled in abhor..."

✧˖*°࿐

Diluc gave a dumbfounded expression as he took in the words that he had just heard.

"What did I just witness... This is confidential information. Why did you let me know?" Diluc asked.

"Maybe it's because you asked?" (Y/n) mumbled.

Paimon giggled and smiled in amusement, loving (Y/n)'s sassy attitude to certain conversations.

"Why? Hmm... Perhaps the winds are changing. What say you, Master Diluc?" Venti questioned.

Diluc placed a hand on his chin. "Interesting. Give me some time. I'll organize some contacts. Outlander, as one of the Knights it seems you're not a suspect. Blonde is the only description on the wanted poster. You should be safe. As for the bard, however, it'd be better if you stayed in the tavern."