Chapter VI: Act VI

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Paranormal Trouble
and
A Message to Xiao
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Oh? He's not here?" Paimon questioned as she and Aether looked around for the Yaksha that they were looking for.

(Y/n) leaned against the railing, lightly tapping at it while looking around for Xiao in silence.

Aether walked over to (Y/n) and stared at the scenery that was below the trio.

Sounds of awe escaped Aether and Paimon's lips as they saw the beauty of Liyue from the top of Wangshu Inn.

"To the blind, everything may not be as it appears..." A raspy voice spoke up, scaring Aether and Paimon.

(Y/n) grinned lightly when he saw the familiar figure of Xiao.

"Oh, um... right!" Aether quickly exclaimed before showing Xiao the sigil.

Xiao gazed at the sigil before side glancing at the (H/c)ette in silence.

The said (H/c)ette mentally sweatdropped but gave a smile at the shorter figure.

"A Sigil of Permission? You came prepared. Though this only prevents me from hurting you myself. Doesn't stop you from getting hurt in other ways," Xiao states with his arms crossed.

(Y/n) could easily feel the jealousy radiating off of the Yaksha and deadpanned. 'Well, shit. He's fucking jealous of another person being beside me.' He mused.

"Uhh... Paimon doesn't get it..." Paimon piped up in confusion.

Xiao frowned. "Too much contact with our world is breaking the rules. Mortal souls are not as robust as those of adepti, nor can your blood carry this level of adeptal energy. It's for your own good. Leave. Now," he ordered.

"Wait a sec, we came here to..." Paimon trailed off as Xiao disappeared.

(Y/n) glanced over at the annoyed younger female.

"Argh! Paimon's... peeved! All he does is think about himself! Paimon wants to give him an ugly nickname... but if you tick off an Adeptus, the only thing you'll probably ever find in treasure chests is cabbages! Bleurgh! Ugh... Guess we should go ask (Y/n)'s mother about just how she manages to talk to adepti," Paimon huffed out.

"Mmh? Are you coming, (Y/n)?" Aether asked, noticing how the taller figure stayed near the railings.

(Y/n) sent back a reassuring smile. "I'll catch up. I just... need some fresh air," he answered.

Aether nodded his head in understanding before following Paimon who was heading down to where Goldet was at.

(E/c) eyes drifted upward and made eye contact with a familiar pair of golden hues.

"You didn't have to be rude, you know?" The (H/c)ette points out in a scolding tone.

Xiao appeared in front of the taller figure but didn't say anything as he soaked in the fact that his karmic debt was calming down.

"Mortals aren't supposed to be around us adepti," Xiao retorted.

(Y/n) sighed softly. "Then doesn't that mean I'm not supposed to be around you?" He asked with a raised brow, already knowing the answer.

Xiao seemed to realize what the other was hinting at and huffed lowly. "You're different..." He mumbled while placing his head on (Y/n)'s chest.

The said (H/c)ette smiled sadly as he wrapped his arms around Xiao's waist.

"Also... I heard that you've waited for me," (Y/n) whispered.

Xiao's face started to heat up when he felt (Y/n)'s warm breath on his ear.