16.

As unreal as it seemed but Vedangi always wanted an enemies to lovers type lovestory.
Devdutt definitely seemed like a enemy initially, considering they fought many times. She despised his arrogance.
It's funny how judgemental we get.
Him being a cricketer, Vedangi thought of him to be pompous and selfish.

Listening to Disha's story however changed her perspective. He wasn't bad, he was only broken.
What made her fall for him?
Anyone would've agreed that he was insanely gorgeous. He was tall and had a beard, he had a breathtaking smile and his voice was manly.

The way he looked after his parents, listening patiently to whatever they said showed the obedience in him. Vedangi loved the way he randomly kissed his mother's cheeks, showing affection. He made people around him smile warmly and he never hesitated showing how much he loved them.

He accepted his flaws and worked hard for betterment. Cricket for him was like second skin. The intent with which he played every ball coming his way depicted the readiness to face challenges and solve problems.

But he wasn't hers. How could he be hers when his heart was still in the past?
Vedangi did not understand how the image entered her mind but she could picturize Dev kissing her neck.
She shrugged her neck violently to get rid of that sensous scenario but couldn't seem to forget it. She involuntary touched her neck as if she actually felt his lips on there. Vedangi was brought out of her trance when Chandni Padikkal tapped her on the shoulder.

"Vedangi! Are you okay?" Chandni questioned worriedly.
"Oh yes, totally. I just zoned out." Vedangi explained.
"Happens. I was passing by so thought of telling you myself that please mail be the details of Dr. Sehgal's hospital case."
"Right away." Vedangi got to work thereafter.

Isn't it absolutely astonishing how fast the human mind jumps to different thoughts? One second you're doubting your chances with a particular person and the very next second you're having sensual thoughts about the same person.

_____

Vedangi got up at seven in the morning. It was unusally cloudy for a July morning. Grabbing her cup of Chai, she settled down into her chair in the balcony. Unexpectedly, Vedangi spotted Devdutt's parents walking on the road infront of her. Out of habit, they looked up at her balcony only to find her already smiling down at them.
Waving her hand at them, Vedangi gestured them about paying a visit to their house later.

The first story when she opened her Instagram was from Devdutt's private account. She opened it to find an adorable picture of Dev with his teammate Ishan Kishan. The caption said,

'When Ishan Baba is in a Ted Lasso hangover'.

She let out a little laugh at Devdutt's obsession with the show Ted Lasso.

Vedangi had to remind herself to not get carried away with her emotions. He probably never thought of her in that way. As much as she wanted to be the Jules in his life, he wasn't Josh. She was reminded of Twisted Hate all of a sudden.
Leaping from her chair, Vedangi sprinted to her cupboard. She searched for the tote bag she had carried months ago to the airport to pick up Ritika.
Vedangi gasped in shock when she found the bag empty. Her book was nowhere to be seen. According to her memory, she had carried it to the airport but did she bring it back?

Her hand flew to her mouth. Vedangi had left her precious book at the airport carelessly. It had been months now and the book didn't have her name on it. She had just lost her birthday gift and now Josh and Jules' story would remain incomplete for her.

_________________________________________