10.

"Is Bangalore always so crowded? What is this traffic! Unreal!" Vedangi exclaimed for it had been fifteen minutes that they were stuck on the same spot.
"This is nothing, I've seen worse." Devdutt remarked.
"Thankgod Mumbai locals are not such a menace. Kitna maza aata tha local mein travel karne mein. Bangalore is boring!" Vedangi rolled her eyes.
"You're from Mumbai?" Devdutt asked looking at her.
"Yes and no. I'm originally from Lucknow but we moved to Mumbai when I was ten." Vedangi elaborated.
"Achha so are you a Lucknow supporter or Mumbai supporter in the IPL?" Devdutt asked curiously.
"Mumbai obviously! I've been a fan since my teenage!" Vedangi spoke excitedly, making him smile.

"What is the use of owning such an expensive car if you cannot play music in it?" Vedangi turned in her seat,looking at Devdutt expectantly.
Sighing, Devdutt replied, "You could've simply asked me to turn on the radio but you have to taunt me, don't you?
"Now that you understand the message, act on it crocodile!" Vedangi folded her legs onto the seat, waiting for some song to play.
Fidling with the buttons, Devdutt finally managed to tune into a radio channel.
Vedangi's smile grew wider listening to Sonu Nigam singing 'Saathiya..saathiya..madham madham teri geeli hasi'

"My favourite song!" Vedangi exclaimed.
"I like this one too." Devdutt agreed.
"Chalo koi to aisi baat hai jispe humari ladai nahi hui." Vedangi taunted while laughing herself.
"Ye jo tune hai na, its magical. Maa told me ki when Saathiya had released, almost everyone had this tune. 2002 right?"
"Yes I was two years old." Devdutt said.

"When will we reach home!?" Vedangi asked for the fifth time.
Evidently frustrated with the never ending traffic, she kept on checking her watch only to sigh in disappointment everytime.
"Yaar now I'll have to cook at nine thirty in the night!" Vedangi whined.
"Let's eat out then, chalega?" Devdutt asked.
"Where will we get food now? Any restaurantwill atleasttake fifteen minutes." Vedangi questioned.
"Idhar se das minute distance pe there is a Dosa place, its nice do you want to go?" Devdutt suggested.
"Hurry up nahi toh I'll die due to starvation!" Vedangi replied urgently.
"Achha baba, when did you last have food?"  He asked out of concern.
"At three I had lunch and then at five I had coffee."  Vedangi told him.

They arrived at their destination in ten minutes like Devdutt said. Smelling food, Vedangi literally jumped out of her seat and ran to the stall. Devdutt couldn't help but laugh at her antics.
Maybe she wasn't like Disha.

_________________________________________

Happy birthday Dev! 🦋💓
Another round around the sun and I wish you nothing but health, happiness, success, love and everything that life has to offer.
And if you're reading this, I'm thankful.