25 - ABOVE

The whole island stink of something foul - like dried blood and rotting flesh. It clings on the air like the tension that continue to boil at every suspicious glare and scowl of the passing locals.

"Slaves.." y/n muttered with an utter of disbelief, pity and anger coiling on her gut.

The red haired pirates did not utter a single world, only walk. Even Shank, whose hand were bundle into a tight fist - had his eyes stuck on the ground.

Slaves littered every corner and every road of the island, dirty they were, clothed by filthy rags who had gone brown over their pitiful life.
They look so thin, some of them only hanging by their bone, cheek bone prominent and look as it could cut. Those people who wore nothing but a single pants or torn up shorts had their ribs bulging out of their own body, stomach so thin and covered with scars.

Even the children weren't spared by the unfortunate life. They look so young and yet so so tired, eyes so dull it could compare to a dead man, deprived of any life or any joy. lips dried and body so boney y/n wonders if they could snap with a single flick. They walk as if the whole world is on their shoulder, and maybe it is, a child so young should not carry such burden or wonder if somehow, some way, they would finally be free and live a life they all desire.

Y/n balled her fist, tight with her knuckles turning white.

She was lucky enough to not be subjected in such life but back in her old life, she too yearns for freedom, too get away from the life of torment and violence, dream of the day she could no longer carry a rifle, to run so freely on the fields without bullets raining on her back. She knows how to yearn for something that she thought she could not have, to let her young palm hold the despair of her life and let bruised feet carry her forward because she know her mind could not.

"Oh the red haired pirates! I never thought a day would come where I would see a yonko in my own eyes!" The man was large as he was fat, standing in 6'2 with a well kept moustache and a cunning eyes. He grin up to them happily, clapping merrily while something suspicious brewing on the glint of his pearly white teeth.
"Are you here to scout for slaves hm? Oh you must have know today is the day we shift different goods on their respective auction shop! As expected for a legendary pirates like you!"

That explain the hundreds of ship line up' y/n had thought.

Y/n looked up to him with hard eyes, face deprived of any emotion as she tried her best to calm the simmering anger swirling on her gut.

'Not the time' she said to herself
'Not the time to let loose'

Even if she wants to yank the mustache off his face and slam his head on the wall until he was nothing but blood and brains y/n knows she could not, her anger would not do any good.

Shanks took a second to reply before he too looked up, a fake grin plastered on his face.
"Oh no! We are here only by a coincidence!" He scratched his head
"And I have no interest getting myself a slave or two! The ship is working fine with only us"

"I take it you've never get yourself a pet before hm? as you do not know how truly useful they are!" Y/n clenched her jaw, referring these unfortunate people as 'pet' and viewing them as an object makes her sick to her stomach.
"I suggest you get one this instant! Look, I have here a good one-" the fat bastar had raised a hand before suddenly a man appeared out of thin air, smoke emitting before they could see who it was.

'He has a Devil fruit' she had thought. 'If I could put his head on the sea he will quickly die'

There stood a young man, early 20's, big he was, taller than the bastard with a define muscle outlining out of his thin tight shirt. He has scars and cigarette burns, eyes duller than the night sky and lips chapped and painted with light dried blood.