22 - FREEDOM

She stared at the vastness of the sea, the moonlight drawing its image on the body of the calm water. Asleep it was, peaceful with no movement of hostility and vengeful waves of deathly promise.

She let the chilling breeze caressed her skin, kiss her cheeks with a kind of gentleness that she usually did not even bother to give a thought of and yet after her dream she learned to appreciate even an ounce of kind touch and peace.

Back on her old world, no not the one she had learned to grew up on but the world that lives within her soul, filled with war and heartaches and moments of despair - the little dove, no, y/n,her, had never experince such gentleness without it being ripped away from her in a second. Touch and vulnerability were scarce for a world filled with death and mourn, hands should be harden with callouses and death and regret were meant to be walk on - atleast infront of others, such things were meant hidden underneath the shadows were the only one who could hear your cry is yourself.

She had then remember Sasha, a woman as equally as kind as her own touch, that would give her a passing smile even in the midst of battle, that would spend her time beside her asking question that no one had asked before, expressing concerned that only she was brave to question. Sasha is a friend she cherish the most and yet she had died chasing for freedom like the rest of them, oblivious on the secret that lies underneath all the filth, died with the thought that the land outside of their territory was it, the key of it all, the promise haven that armin told them about, she had died without even tasting the last dish Niccolo had prepared.

Y/n sat on the rocks near the bay, letting the sand dig on her shoeless feet and sighing with a heaviness of exhaustion.

"Freedom, huh?" She tiredly whispered on the nothingness of the sea. Remembering the hardship the little dove had gone through just to capture it within her hands, reaching no matter how far, no matter how dirty her hands had gotten, no matter how red or how many bodies lies on the her feet. She remember the countless faces of her friends as they learned what she truly is, a scum of the earth only born to kill and to deceive, how Armin had yelled with such desperation and ask why she had done it, how could she do it, what a monster she was and how Eren, with trembling lips and tearful eyes gently asked, that if what friendship they had meant anything to her. Did anything meant something for her?

It did, didnt it? No matter how many lies she had said, no matter how many No she could yell.

The only peace the little dove had was the little moments with the devils she had sworn to slay.

"There you are.." Galien voice were deeper then before, or maybe she just hadn't heard it for a long time. "Ya' got me worried sick, kid"
He sat down next to her with a grunt, stole one glance at her before sighing heavily.
"Chopper said -" he then mumbled
"ah shit you probably dont know him, whatever.  - he said you will wake up soon, I just didnt thought this soon" he leaned back on the stones and groaned tiredly "I was about to check up on you before I go to bed then you was gone, I thought some bloody demon got ya' turns out you're just here"

She didnt reply, busy staring on the ocean that seems to move now. Dancing on the rhythm of the blowing breeze. It was pretty, y/n wish Armin could see it.

"Do you know how many days you have been asleep? 7 fucking days, you brat. You got me taking care of you for a week, you cant let an old man like me do that kind of heavy chores y'nkow?" He sighed annoyed
"I think my back broke a few times because of you"

Y/n stayed silent, stuck on the view. As if counting the stars on the night sky.

Galien sighed next to her "listen..y/n, are you alright?"
He asked so tenderly that it made her heart ache. "I aint-i ain't your old man but you gotta know, you can talk to me about anything right? You're.. you're just kid, you shouldn't-" he sighed and y/ns eyes widen on his words "you shouldn't have that look on your eyes like-like you've seen war."