"Leave me alone! Let me go back home! Just take whatever you want, just please let me go..." I hear her sobbing from the other side of the line.

I felt my heart shatter into pieces. I did not want to lose her. Please, God, please do something.

I then tracked where she had been, quickly getting the location. I stayed on the call while my parents put on their jackets and keys as they got in the car and drove to the location.

My dad drove as fast as he could, and we reached there in less than two minutes. We approached an alleyway, and I saw a field behind a building.

To my happiness, we found Camila but saw a masked man. "Put your hands on the ground!" The masked man said aggressively, pointing a gun at her.

My dad leaped out of the car in an instant and ran toward the masked man, tackling him and throwing the gun miles away from his hand.

"Stay down! And don't ever go near my daughter again." My dad seethed angrily at him.

Camila backed away from him, and she immediately saw us breaking down like she wasn't going to ever see us again. She ran towards us, hugging us tightly.

My mom had called the police before and came in at the right time and rushed towards the masked man.

Suddenly, I heard a gunshot ringing through my ears.

I looked down to see blood curling up in my hands as I saw my sister slumping down on me.

The masked man had shot her with a backup gun.

"No no no no no! Camila, stay with me, please. Camila, por favor no te vayas." I whispered as I sobbed, putting my head crooking her neck.

"No olviden que siempre los amaré a todos. Estaré ahí arriba observándolos, muchachos. Estaré bien, look at me. " Camila whimpering slightly.

Camila looked at us. She didn't just look at us. She looked at all of us saying goodbye. She gave her one last look and slumped her head back lightly, looking off to the distance. Our dad closed her eyes, looking like she was only sleeping.

But she wasn't.

Only silence rang through my head. I felt like my heart was ripped out of my body and had been thrown out. I couldn't believe my hermanita was gone.

The ambulance rushed towards us, and many workers came towards us. They took a stretcher allowing two workers to help out Camila onto it and they rushed back to help save Camila.

Our parents left the ambulance workers to do their job, and we all stood in one circle crying about what had occurred.

■ □ □ □ ■

"We are here together in this ceremony mourning the death of Camila Hernandez who passed away on December 17th, 2018 on a Monday morning."

Our family takes turns giving our speeches to our cousins, extended family, and some of Camila's friends and teachers. After my speech, I couldn't contain the tears that slid down my face until I took a tissue paper and wiped it all over my face.

Almost all of our close relatives and friends gathered all around us individually and gave us hugs.

Then, we had some lunch because what was a funeral with no food? I had to contain my sadness with delicious food.

■ □ □ □ ■

After a month, I couldn't eat or sleep. I couldn't live the way I used to. Not without Camila.

The thought of her just makes me want to cry more and hurts my heart. I looked back at my hands, reimagining her blood all over me as she fell onto the floor.

I want her back, but what can I do? The damage has been done.

Why did the devil take away my sister? She was the purest and kindest of all.

I then heard a knock on my door. "Can I come in?" I heard Gabriel's soft voice through the door.

"Sure.." I mumbled, not sure whether he heard me clearly.

He came in closing the door behind him with some coffee with milk, basically Café Con Leche, and my favorite breakfast, Pan de Mallorca. I realized how empty I had felt for the past month.

I probably looked like a mess.

He placed the tray down on my bed, and I ate slowly. He sat next to me and hugged my left shoulder, leaning his head on my shoulder.

After ten minutes, I finished eating and felt loved again, having my brother beside me. I'm not selfish that my family is supporting me. It was just that I had felt depressed. I can't bear the sight of seeing Camila again.

I tried pushing the thought away multiple times, but I guess I just can't.

I guess to have mourn until I feel I'm ready to let go.

■ □ □ □ ■

Author's note: Please feel free to point out any grammar mistakes! I'm happy to correct them :DDD
Also, I'm not super familiar with writing funerals because death hasn't occurred in my family, so please take the opportunity to correct me!
Anyway, I came up with this idea at like one in the morning like yesterday because I have been so obsessed with across the spiderverse, lolll.

Question of the day: Who's your favorite character from across the spiderverse?

Mine is Pavitr! He's just so funny and quite handsome. If only he was real, but then again, my mom would both let me date an Indian or any race except for a Pakistani.