Chapter 1

NANDINI'S POV

"What's going on to this big head, why he doesn't mail me anymore?" I asked myself about it.

"Nandini, breakfast's ready I already called you 10 times" I didn't even notice that my mom's calling
me for the 10th time.

"I'm coming mom." I answered.

Mom was the one who served our meal every day.

"Did he write you back?" I was shocked when mom asked it to me.

Well, aside from Manik I also tell
some things to my mom.

"Nah! May be he's so busy to write back." I answered with a low voice
full of wonder.

"Hey, baby we have a family matter
to talk." called by my dad.

I didn't even notice him in the kitchen.

"Huh? What is it all about?" I asked.

Yeah! Well, I didn't introduce you to my family yet. My dad is the CEO of MAC company, as you can see
we're not that poor. My mom runs a business of her own; she's one of the greatest fashion designers in the whole wide world. I have a baby sister,
well! She's not a baby anymore though I'm just 4 years older than her. Her name was Navya, she's beautiful like. (Come to think of it!)

"Well, dad wants you to go to Hawaii just to manage some MAC business there" said Nagya.

"Hawaii? Dad! You know that I don't want to leave this place, not this time NEVER!" I shouted.

"Baby, you'll never stay here forever. You also need to explore the world, go to other countries, talk to other people" said Dad.

Well, he's right. Since Manik left I never get out of our house, well I only used
to go outside to go to church or buy some necessary things. I also used to be homeschooled, for the reason that I don't want to have new friends not until Manik will come back.

"Oh! Sweetie, it's not all about Manik. You also need to look for new friends because you Know in your heart that Manik will be your very best friend." hugged by mom.

"Come on big sister, you're 19 you
don't even have boyfriends yet! I know, I'd help you choose." teased by my Navya.

Then again they're right! I don't have time for myself; I keep on waiting for Manik to response for over a year. Yeah! I need to move on, if he forgets about me so do I!

"Hey! Nandini?" shouted by Mom.

"She's day dreaming mom HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" teased by Navya.

"NO I'm not! I'm just wondering why Manik hasn't mailed me yet" I told them.

"Big sister, don't you worry about that may be he's just busy of their business" said Navya.

"Well, yeah! Uhm! Mum! Can I go to a party?" I asked mum and even smiled when I saw her on a frown face.

"Oh dear, well yes of course" answered
mom.

"Yehey! Now my big sister is moving on!" said Navya happily.

"Hey! Moving on? Well, Manik is just my Best Friend and not my Boyfriend." I said.

She just smiled and eats her bread. I wonder what she's thinking. There's no way That I will be in love with my
Best Friend NEVER! NO WAY!

MANIK'S POV

"Hey Manik, aren't you coming with us back to our village?" asked mom.

"We're going home tomorrow morning" said dad.

"Nah! I need to go to Alya's part tomorrow mom" I said.

Since I left home, I don't want to go back on that village anymore.

"Alya again?" asked dad.

"Well, yeah! You know she's my girlfriend and I don't want to leave
her here. If I'll come I must asked her to come with us" I answered.

"Come with us?" they both asked.

I know that they don't like Alya because of her attitude but what can I do? I like her, she likes me and I don't really care of what they're thinking.

"Look Manik you haven't even answered Nandini's mail because of Alya's jealous thing and you want her
to come with us?" ask mom.

Well she's right, since me and Alya begun dating I forget Nandini because
Alya is so jealous of her. At first I can still handle it and keep telling her that Nandini is just my best friend but she said that she will break up with me if I
will continue mailing Nandini again.

"Manik? Hey buddy! Are you listening?" asked dad.

"Yup! I'm listening. That's why I want to bring her with us so that she'll know that Nandini's just my sister, I mean
my best friend yet I treat like my younger sister" I said.

"Here read this, you don't need to worry about Nandini anymore." mom looked at me with sadness.

She gave me a letter from Nandini, I read it and it says:

Manik,

           I know that you're not thinking of me anymore. I bet that even I'll write you this letter; you will not write back. Well, that's alright I'm not expecting it
anyway. Hey! I just want you to know that this will be the last letter that I will send to you, after this you will never hear news from me. I can't wait for my best friend anymore; dad wants me to move in other country which will be unknown to you.

             Thanks for being such a damn great best friend I will never miss you! NEVER!

           How can you do this to me? I hate you so much! You've changed and I don't know why! You're just like other guys! You never keep your promise and you never will.

PS. "I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU ANYMORE!

Nandini...

After I read the letter a tear drop and I started crying. I can't question her for being mad at me. I just can't accept the fact that I hurt her so much that gives her a reason to hate me this much.

"Mom, when did this letter arrive?" I asked seriously.

"Dear! This morning" my mom answered sadly.

I ran to my room and slam the door. I just dive on my bed and sleep; I don't want to think for a day.

Alina ❤