16

"Mira you're back!" All the kids woke up to Mira's face and jumped with joy. Mira giggled as each of them tackled her, waking the others up who also joined in.

"Hey cuties." She chuckled and hugged as many as she could before they all got scolded by Becky for attacking the young girl.

"It's nice to have you back, Mira. Where have you been child?" She asked, concerned. Mira gave her a sheepish smile and apologized for not visiting the past few days.

"She's been busy. You know she lives in the other part of the town, life catches on sometimes." Elias said, shrugging. Mira gently tugged his arm, giggling a little.

"You're making me sound old. Gosh I hope life never catches on enough for me to stop visiting. I'm sorry Becky, I was just stressed. I hope I never worry you again." She said hugging the lady.

"Good. And no talking about being old, these kids can be really mean about my age I tell you. I'm still fit."

"Yes, duh! You're thriving girl. You're hotter than the sun Becky I'm telling you." Mira joked and Becky chuckled before excusing herself to get the kids to the table for breakfast.

"And I better see you at the table, Mira. No excuses this time." She warned, ruffling both of their heads before walking away. Mira immediately thought of Kai at her gesture.

He had been doing that to her since the very beginning. Was it some kind of an insult? Does he see her as some whiny little kid?

"Are you listening, Mira?" A violent shaking snapped her out of her thoughts.

"M what are you even thinking about? That too this intensely." Elias asked curiously, staring at his tomato of a friend. "You okay?"

Mira violently shook her head motioning a yes before walking aggressively towards the table.

"Mira are you okay?" Vanessa, a six-year-old, asked and she smiled. "You look red."

"Yes! Yes! Like a tomato." Another one giggled.

"No watermelon!" Another one said as they all giggled.

"A crab!" They continued. Mira turned redder; this time due to embarrassment. Elias sat down next to her and smiled at the kids who were giggling and goofing around.

"A bell pepper!" Another one said.

"A ladybug?"

"NO STRAWBERRIES!"

"YES!" They all chorused. Becky walked closer to the kids.

"What's going on? What are you kids playing this time?" She asked with a light chuckle.

Mira chugged down the water placed in the mug in front of her.

"Who can guess red things similar to Mira's cheeks!" Vanessa said. "My turn, my turn. Heart."

"Love-."

Mira started to choke on the water. Elias and Becky frantically started to slap her back to help with the choking.

"Alright that's enough taunting!" Becky warned and they all quieted down, still looking at Mira however. But this time with concern.

"Sorry Mira. I didn't mean to make you upset." Vanessa said with a frown and the others followed her pursuit with more apologies. Mira giggled and shook her head.

"Guys I'm okay don't worry. It's no biggie. And I promise I'm not upset. How can anyone be upset with you cuties." She said pinching Elias's cheek which the kids laughed at. Elias creased his eyebrows at her but couldn't help but smile when she laughed.