Chapter 9

(Just pretend they're younger in this header🥹)

"Flashback"

5 years ago

Since Heeseung's mother died and his father wasn't  seen at home often, the Park's were like a family to him.
There was barely a day without them two doing something together and sometimes Sunghoon's twin sister Park Sua was also there.

Just like that day...

The two 14 year old boys helped as always in the restaurant of Sunghoon's parents to earn some money for the newest console that just came out.
"I bet I can wash more dishes than you in 5 minutes!" Heeseung shouted through the kitchen and started.
"Bet not!" Sunghoon shouted back with that they started washing one plate after another.
But the whole thing ended up in a foam fight.
While laughing they ran through the kitchen and finally landed on the cold tiles, Sunghoon's head on Heeseung's arm.
"Guys get up, you weren't going to leave me here to clean up all by myself were you?"Sua said, helping them up.
"Of course not!" Heeseung replied, while patting her head, causing her to blush.

Yes, she had a crush on her brother's best friend, it was kinda weird but who wouldn't fall for him?
She always got jealous when Heeseung chatted with the girls in class who obviously had a crush on him or her brother who was much closer to him than she was.

"Suaaa?" her brother said who was waving his hands in front of her face.
"Yes?" she said dreamily which made both boys laugh.
"We're done, let's go shopping for later!" Heeseung said to her, since Saturday evenings were always their movie nights, of course snacks couldn't be missing.
"Sunghoon, can you help me with the laundry?" his mother called from the dining room of the restaurant.
"But we were just about to go shopping..." he pouted.
"They can do it on their own, next time you'll go together again." she tried to convince him.
"Now come and help me!" she called him again.
"Alright." he answered while rolling his eyes as he looked at the 2 others.
"Then you two go but you need to buy chocolate milk for me!!!" he begged them and ran to his mom.
"Okay okay." Heeseung called after him and the two went on their way.

As usual, they walked the short distance through the forest, over the small bridge and along the field path, to reach the main road to get to the kiosk.
Heeseung hummed and looked into the distance while Sua's gaze was on him.
"Sua?" he started and she startled because she was caught in his gaze.
"Uhmm y- yeah." she stuttered and stumbled causing her to blush because she was extremely embarrassed.
"Are you alright?"Heeseung asked worriedly to which she nodded vigorously.
"Uhmm what did you want to ask?" she looked at him curiously.
"How is it going with that ahh what was his name again?"
"Han, Han Jaemin, right?!" he asked full of energy.
Sua was overwhelmed because she didn't know how to answer because she liked Heeseung and not Jaemin the boy from their class.
"Oh if you don't answer it's okay we'll be there soon anyway, just the traffic light!" he said and patted her on the shoulder.

Together they went inside, there it always smelled like fresh popcorn.
We can't forget the chocolate milk for Hoonie!" Heeseung said as he walked to the refrigerated section, but Sua held onto his arm.
"Hmmh?" he made confused.
"I don't like Jaemin!" she shouted out suddenly. 
"Oh that's no problem, I can tell him to keep his hands off you, if you want." he replied surprised and wanted to go further.
"No I like someone else." she blushed, feeling her pulse pulsing in her head.
"Uhh who is it?" he asked curiously.
"What does he look like, do I know him?" he continued to ask.
He overwhelmed her with questions until she couldn't take it anymore and everything burst out of her.
"I like you you idiot!"
"Oh" Heeseung tried to realise, Sua the girl which he saw like his little sister, liked him....
"Sua, I'm sorry..." but he didn't get any further because she stormed out of the kiosk.
Heeseung ran after her "Watch out!" he yelled as she ran across the street but it was too late.
It all happened too fast the car couldn't stop soon enough and hit her.
He ran back into the kiosk while panicking, called for help and not much later the Park's were there.
Heeseung rushed to them and looked into the desperate faces of the parents.
"Are you okay?" her mother asked panicking checking on him.
"How could this happen?" she asked tearfully, but before he could answer they were interrupted by Sunghoon.
"It's your fault, it's all your fault!" he cried in grief, slapping him.
"It's not Heeseung's fault!" his father tried to calm him.
Tears went up in Heeseung's eyes.
"It's your fault!" he continued until he was finally pulled back by his father.
"I never want to see you again!" he yelled after him as Mr.Park walked with him to the police car.
"Heeseung I'm so sorry but I think it's the best for both of you if you don't come over for now, I'll try my best to convince him but as you know, Sunghoon is  stubborn." she said and hugged him.
Then she followed them.

That day, Heeseung was picked up by his father.
He entered the house and his room in a trance, it was a shock to him.
Was it really his fault?

____________________________________

This is the first part of their past..
I know some of you were expecting Sunghoon's response in the next chapter but I think their past is important too.
Still I hope it's readable but I really struggled with this chapter 😭
Anyways thanks for reading!!
And don't forget to vote, it'd means a lot to me 🤭