{Wasteful} chapter 26

Start from the beginning

"Do, do not move!"

He froze at the side of his desk and gave me an odd look. Hesitantly he turned his head down towards his armpits and gave a quick sniff.

"Um...do I smell?" He asked me with a confused expression. Now I could have just blamed the bond and admitted that his scent made me feel very, very odd and broke my self-control, but of course, I did not do that at all. If he discovered that he could control me by simply being near me, he would use that to his advantage and that cannot happen. So, I chose to do the most intelligent option that both allowed him to not discover that and get back at him a little bit. Even if it was childish.

"Yes," I blurted. "I mean very bad. Terrible. So terrible that...that..." Just stop speaking Riley before you embarrass yourself further. His eyebrows slightly rose before he relaxed his expression. My lip twitched as he muttered a quick apology and slipped his hands under his arms, squeezing them tightly to his body. At least, I knew he had some sort of manners. He didn't bask in his musk.

He could never smell  bad  though.

"It does not have to be today, or tomorrow, but once you are feeling better I think that we should discuss some matters referring to you and the pack," he spoke quietly, leaning himself against the edge of his desk.

"The pack? We have nothing to discuss." I snorted, tilting my head to the side. "Did you believe that you won because you marked me? You didn't win anything."

He cocked an eyebrow.

What? Did you forget about the elephant in the room?" I pulled the collar of my shirt down to expose my reddened neck and the kiss marks that surrounded it. He stiffened but his eyes darkened peering at my mark and a low rumble resonated from his chest. I rolled my eyes pulling my shirt back up. Again with this Alpha bullshit. How could he feel pride looking at what he's done? I was not given a choice or anything and he ruined my life!

"I'm not going to play your game anymore. I'm done!"

"Riley, you are speaking nonsense. I am not playing a game and I want to—"

"Shut up. I wasn't done speaking." I spit and grind my teeth together. "I will not do anything to harm your pack. I recognize that they are innocent in this matter but I also will not play your game anymore. You may have cornered me but do not expect me to play the part of this perfect loving Luna that adores her mate. I am done acting. Your pack will know that this is not a united front between their leaders. They will know that I detest you. That I loathe you."

He didn't react apart from the slight twitch of his brow. He remained completely still that you could have mistaken him for a statue. I was breathing heavily after my speech and a fire burned inside me. I continued seconds later. I guess we are discussing these matters today. I felt different. My anger consumed all of my fear of him. I relished this feeling.

"We are never completing the mating process," I spoke in disgust, shaking my head back and forth. I looked toward his slacks while I spoke.

"Whatever power I provide you now is all you are going to receive from me. I am not going to give you more and if you try to, to..." My throat constricted at the thought of Alpha Jonah doing that horrific act to me. I swallowed back my tears at the thought.

"I won't," He stated firmly. "I would nev—I won't."

"Good, because then I would kill you," I said, venom dripping from my words. If even thought about forcing himself on me I would fight against the bond and ensure that I was the only one left breathing.

I made my way toward the door but halted when my hand reached the doorknob.

"Your Beta," I began. "You will not touch him." I turned to find the Alpha's face darkened slightly.

"I saw the bruises and cuts on his face. The damage that you've done. It was unnecessary. You do not have to use him as your punching bag anymore.

"Why do you care? You just stated that you do not want to be involved with pack life."

"Using pack members, especially your beta as outlets for your anger, is wrong. Disgusting, " I raged.

"He disobeyed me and suffered the consequences. You must punish those that do not show respect."

I scoffed. The Alpha in him was surfacing. This was the Alpha Jonah I remembered.

"Yeah, I know that very well," I muttered, caressing my mark. His jaw clenched at my words and he fisted his hands beside him. I felt my wolf shutter at my words and whimper to his wolf in sorrow. Before more words could be spoken, I rushed out of the room not wanting to be in his presence any longer. I was suffocating under his words and his stench.

What a waste of an Alpha.

What a waste of a mate.