War Against Sound!

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Mito. You better get stronger to." She nodded before turning back to their other friends.

Facing his boyfriend he saw tears forming in the lazy boy's eyes, "Be safe Naruto."

"I'm always safe Shika!" Shikamaru shook his head, "Yeah right jerk." Naruto pulled the Nara in and kissed imhim on the lips. Time felt like it stopped around the two boys.

Pulling his lips apart he looked at the boy and smiled, "I love you Shikamaru."

Blushing Shikamaru smiled back, "I love you to Naruto."

Saying goodbye to his family one last time they finally left the village. Looking up at his sensei, "So where are we going first?"

"Well Gaki! First we are going to spend the next six months checking our spy network." Naruto nodded confidently along. "Now for your training I have few goals in mind. Firstly we are going to expand on your jutsu prowess. I want you to be able to use all five elemental releases. Start fully utilizing your tenant's chakra and finally increasing your sealing prowess so you can learn your father's Jutsu."

Naruto smiled as he thought about all the things he was going to be learning in the next two years. The thought of being able to truly protect his loved ones helps his mind find some peace with leaving now.

Six months Later Konoha

Asuma walked into the Hokage's office with three other Jonin. These Jonin included Kurenai, Genma Shiranui, and Shisui Uchiha. It was an odd group of people.

Tsunade looked pissed. Taking a sip of saki she looked up to see the Sarutobi, "Thank you Asuma. Last night a group of ninja attack a small outpost. They killed everyone present. It's one of five separate attacks. I want each of you to pick out someone to pair up with and investigate these incidents. I already have each one picked out for you."

After being gestured to a folder, Asuma looked over the attack he was assigned. While many died from kunai what looked like jutsu and ninja tools. Some were crushed or pulverized.

Gazing back at the Hokage, "What about the fifths insident?" A grin appeared on Tsunade's face, "I already assigned a Jonin to that task."

Asuma knew who he wanted on his team. Heading over to the Nara estate. Shikaku was sitting out on the front porch when he arrived, "Asuma. Good to see you."

"Hello Shikaku. Is Shikamaru here? I have a mission for him." Waving him into the home both men went to the chunin who was relaxing in the living room.

"Shikamaru. We have a mission together." Looking at the Jonin Shikamaru couldn't help but sigh, "Great. I just wanted to rest to."

"Well to bad." He grinned as he lit a cigarette. "Get everything you may need. We will leave in two hours."

Shikamaru watched Asuma leave. Even though the man had his own team of Genin they had gotten close in training for the Chunin exams. He was smart, skilled, and had a knack for strategy. Outside of Kakashi there wasn't another Jonin Shikamaru felt safer with.

Getting ready didn't take to long. Soon enough he was down by the gate. Arriving he saw three other duos. Genma and Iwashi Tatami were one team. Followed by Shisui Uchiha and Anko Mitarashi being a terrifying team. Kurenai and Takuma Hyuuga arrived when then did as well.

Looking around Asuma nodded, "Remember we are investigating the terrorist attacks in these five locations. Similar attacks have happened near the Cloud village as well. Be on your guard."

Everyone dispersed into different directuons. After nearly a days worth of travel the two shinobi set up camp, "So what are we looking for Asuma?"

Lighting another cigarette the man looked at the Nara, "We need to find and eliminate any threat to the Land of Fire and Konoha."