Chapter 15 part 1

Day 2:
Aubrees P.O.V.
BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.
I woke up to that screeching alarm as I do every morning, but this time I woke up in Austin's arms.
Shit. my parents could have walked in, but they didn't so I need to calm down. I slowly moved out of Austin's arms and made my way to the bathroom. I looked back into the mirror, my dark brown hair was waved as it naturally is so I left it. My make-up on the other hand was a mess, you could see the mascara under my eyes from where I had rubbed them. I pulled my hair up and began washing my face and getting all the mascara off of my eyes. When my make-up was all gone i re-applied my mascara. I still had the same clothes on from yesterday so I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of high wasted shorts and a plain black crop top with a low cut back. I tried to be quiet not to wake Austin. I grabbed my black vans and school bag and wen down stairs, on my way out I locked the door so my parents wouldn't walk in to find a boy sleeping on my bed.
I tip-toed down the stairs to the couch, I sat down and looked at my phone I had like 30 more minutes until Jake picked me up so I texted him to come now so we could go out for breakfast.
"Hey jake could you pick me up now and we could go out for breakfast?"
A few seconds later he replied.
"Yeah, but Lizzy's coming too. Is that alright?"
I didn't like Lizzy but I wasn't going to start anything I'm not that kind of person.
"Yeah that's fine text me when you're here"
"Okay I'll be there in a minute"
I put on my vans and waited outside for Jake. when Jake pulled up I could see Lizzy sitting in the back so I got in the front seat.
"So where do you guys wasn't to go for breakfast?" Jake asked
"Denny's" "waffle house" Lizzy and I said at the same time, I wanted Waffle House.
"I don't care where we go, but I kinda want Waffle House" Jake said
"Of course you do, you always do why Aubree wants" Lizzy complained.
"You know what it's fine Jake. les go to Denny's." I said so Lizzy wouldn't bitch the whole morning.
"Are you sure?" He asked
"Yes" I replied.
The drive was short to Denny's and the service was quick so we knew we wouldn't be late to school.
When we got to Denny's Jake sat across from me and Lizzy next to him. Right away our waiter took our order.The waiter was tall and very attractive. he had black hair the fringes up to one side and a lip piercing. his skin was barley tan an when he smiled you could see his white teeth.
"What would you guys like today" he asked.
"I would like coffee, and water. that you should have brought with you" Lizzy said to him as if her where a Slave.
"I'm sorry, I'll bring that right away. do you what anything to eat or do you need more time?" He asked her again.
"No. I'm on a diet" she said impatiently.
We all looked at her. I don't know why Jake is dating her, she is a total bitch.
"Um alright. what about you too?" He asked smiling at us.
"I would like a water and French Toast, please" i said.
"Alright, and you sir" he looked at jake.
"I'll have orange juice and chocolate-chip pancakes, please"
"Alright all be right back with your drinks" he said and walks away.

"So Aubree what happened with you and Cody?" Lizzy asked with a smirk on her face.
"Lizzy" Jake snapped at her.
"Nothing. he tried to get me to do stuff and I said no, then he started a rumor." I calmly explained.
"Oh, I thought it was real knowing you." she said sounding fake surprised.
"Why is that suppose to mean?" I asked getting irritated.
"Well I mean you've been hanging out with Austin a lot. and that boy is nothing but trouble, and you just seem like the girl who would do whatever."
"okay. Lizzy you need to stop." Jake said.
I didn't say anything I just sat there looking down at the table.

"Alright here are you're drinks" our waiter said setting them down and pouring Lizzy Her coffee.
"Thanks" I said.
"No problem. you're food will be out shortly." He said giving me a kind smile. He began to walk away but turned around.
"What's your name?" He asked looking at me.
"Aubree." I said bluntly
"And what's yours?" I continued
"Nick" he said walking away.
"Why did we even have to come here if you're not eating" I asked Lizzy rudely.
"Because I felt like it. and stop complaining you seem to be enjoying the waiter like you do every guy."
"Alright. Lizzy stop it. or leave!" Jake snapped at her
"Well it's not my fault your friend is a whor-"
"-stop" Jake cut her off.
Our food came out shortly.
"And here is your French Toast" nick said handing me my plate
"Thank you" I said happily taking it
"And here is your Chocolate-chip pancakes" he said handing Jake his food"
"I feel like a child" Jake said
"Why?" I asked laughing
"Because we order such childish food" he said laughing
"Who cares" I said " we do what we want" I finished
Jake just giggled and we enjoyed our food. when we were done we began to walk out. I was walking behind Jake and Lizzy, I was almost out when nick grabbed my shoulder an turned me around.
"Um do you maybe want to go out to eat sometime or a movie or whatever?" Nick asked with hope in his eyes.
"I would love to but I kinda am talking to someone. And apparently I'm known as a slut so I would like that to go away and it wouldn't help if I went out with you." I said his smile kinda faded
"Oh it's okay I get it, I'm sorry you let people make you feel that way. nice meeting you"
He said walking away, an I felt terrible that I did that. I wasn't even talking to Austin, we are friends, and I can't believe I let Lizzy label me something I know I'm not.
We drove to school and the ride was quiet.
School had gone by a normal day and I called Austin at lunch. he told me how is day was practically the same as yesterday.
I wasn't in the best mood because of breakfast and I really just wanted to talk to someone.
At the end of the day I had jake take me home. for some reason I was anxious to get there I just wanted to see Austin. we pulled up to my drive way and Jake began to talk.
"I'm really sorry for how Lizzy treated you this morning."
"It's fine" I said as I got out and slammed the car door.
I rushed inside to find Austin. once I got in he was sitting on the couch. I slammed the front door behind me and started to storm upstairs. I saw Austin jump as soon as I slammed the door.
Austin got up and came over too me.
"Hey what's wrong" he said putting a hand on my shoulder.
I continued to stomp my way upstairs
"It's been a bad day" I said angry
Austin was struggling to keep up.
"Well do you want to talk about it?" He asked
I reached the door to my room and turned around
"Yes, but I need a minute to myself" I said waking into my room and slamming the door in his face.
I plopped down in my bed and slowly exhaled my breath trying to exhale my frustration with it. After a few minutes of releasing my anger I got up to change my clothes.
I change into a pair of black leggings and a baggy grey t-shirt. I go to open my bedroom door and when I do I find Austin sitting outside of it.
"Hey" he said.
"Hi" I replied still a bit angry.
"You want to talk about what happened?" He asked extending his arm towards my bed.
I walked to my bed and plopped down looked up at austin.
"So tell me everything." he said giving me a comforting smile as he sat next to me.
"It's just I- everyone at school-God I hate her so much-" I couldn't seem to find the right words.
"Who? What did they do?" He asked setting his hand ok my thigh sending a chilling vibe through my body.

"Lizzy. she is so rude and thinks I'm such a slut." I said.
"And everyone at school will believe anything they hear." I continued
Austin had a nervous look on his face.

"What?" I asked knowing he knew something.
"Nothing. I'm sorry your having a hard time, you know I'm here if-"
I cut him off not wanting to hear the words 'I'm here for you' everyone says it and they never mean it.
"It's not a hard time. I'm just angry for the moment." I said explaining to Austin That it wasn't a big deal.

"Oh" he replied and pulled me into a hug. I was surprised by his actions and I almost didn't hug him back, but I came to senses and hugged him back. I felt his warm breath coat my neck and ear. for some odd reason I felt butterflies.
No.
I can't feel this way.
Everyone know Austin's reputation.
He's not the kind of guy i need to fall for.
In fact I shouldn't fall for any guy.
He began to pull away and looked into my eyes.
I stared into his green eyes waiting for his next move.
He leaned on closer our noses touching and our lips brushing.
His breath taking over my face.
I felt my heart pounding in my chest. I was frozen, I didn't know what to do.
"I-" I started to say still frozen in Austin's embrace.
"We- Austin stop" I said putting my hand on his chest and backing away.
A look of rejection took over his face.

"Sorry" he mumbled making his way to the closet to sleep.
I had no words to say. I tried to understand why Austin out of all people would like me.

If he even did like me.