Chapter 54: Game Plan

Start from the beginning

"You're serious?"

"It's him," Usopp nodded his head in disbelief as he answered Zoro's rhetorical question.

Those of us who weren't there before Alabasta—except Chopper still—looked at the four in confusion as they seemed to know exactly who they were all talking about.

"We know him. We know that whale."

~•~

"Still, what a coincidence to meet him here..." I stretch my arms as I recall Luffy's recap of when they met Laboon and how weird it was that Brook coincidentally had ties to him.

"The sea is a vast place, Journalist," Robin smiled down at me with a glint in her eyes that I couldn't quite place my finger on.

"But Luffy!" Usopp's cries were heard as everyone listened in on their conversation, "It's not just the size of your zombie! He has your shadow!"

Zoro stretched as well, prepping for the battle as he held a slightly irritated look on his face, "Oh stop being such a baby. Size and strength mean nothing. The only way to get Luffy's shadow back is to take him down, right?"

My eyebrows raised with amusement as I listened to the swordsman speak before I stifle a laugh and look away, "So manly..."

Robin seemed to have heard me causing her to stifle a laugh as well.

Before I knew it, I was hit on the head with something hard and when I looked up to see the culprit I saw Zoro's sword right above me and it's owner with an angry expression on his face. I rubbed my head with a pained expression before mumbling, "Asshole." Which made me dodge the next attack.

"We don't have to go for any zombies, though I would like to see mine," Luffy spoke out with a determined gaze and a slightly stern voice.

"Huh? What do you mean? What's gotten into you? If we stay like this we'll never be able to walk in the sun again."

Luffy looked at Zoro with a confident expression, "But you heard what the grampa zombie said! If we take out Gecko Moria then everyone will get their shadow back!"

Upon hearing this, I sat down on the bench with exasperation and a deep sigh, "It was never just about us and Brook. I should've known. What is it with this crew and saving islands..."

The others shared my sentiment, but because it was regular old Luffy we couldn't help the smile that creeped onto our face. He was a simple man who unknowingly and effortlessly saves people and if someone were to have stopped him then none of us would be here right now.

Luffy pointed at the stairway that I came from with a resolves smile, "And isnt Moria at the top of that staircase?"

"Ah! He's dead on again!" Usopp seemed frantic that Luffy was kind of making sense, especially since he didn't like the idea of going up against a Warlord.

"So anyway, I'm gonna kick Moria's butt. That way everyone will get their shadow back," Luffy kept his smile on his lips as he turned to us, "Sanji, you're in charge of rescuing Nami!"

"Yeah! You'd better believe I am! I'll crash that wedding!"

Usopp put his hand up as he absentmindedly added onto Sanji's rage, "Oh I forgot to mention this before but he was the invisible man who ogled at Nami in the bath."

Sanji growled in anger even more as he caught fire, his face turning red, "What?! Curse him!"

It seemed like fun and his reaction was funny so I joined in with a smile on my face, "He's also the one who licked Robin and tried to lift my shirt up, remember?"