Chapter 28: Café

With an apple between her teeth, Chaewon hopped around the living room trying to put on her sneakers.

She had two hours before her mom would return from the airport with her father, so she planned on meeting up with Seungmin as fast as possible, since he looked so serious.

In a rush, she shut the door, sprinting towards the café.

The cool summer breeze ruffled her black hair, which she had tied into a ponytail, her large shirt and skirt were also being tugged by the soft breeze.

The warm sunlight wrapped around her skin, creating a tingling sensation.

Chaewon's steps were hasty and her breath ragged the closer she got to the café.

To clear out her doubt, she took out her phone, dialed Seungmin's number, waited a couple rings before he answered.

"What do you want?" Came Seungmin's voice from the other end.

"Wow, so mean!" Chaewon scoffed, she only received silence before speaking up. "I just wanted to make sure you're there, I don't wanna wait."

"I'm there and I've been waiting for a while now, so hurry up," that was the last thing the brunette said before disconnecting the call.

A small smile played on Chaewon's lips as she approached the café.

She got in, heading straight to Seungmin's favorite spot, which was very close to the large window, where the lovely radiant flowers created enough cover.

The raven haired took a seat, placing her face on her hand, which was being supported by her elbow that rested on the table.

"So much for waiting," she huffed, looking out the window, searching for the brown haired puppy.

Chaewon gasped when she saw a certain black haired walking into the café. Her eyes trailed on him as he searched the café.

The moment his gaze landed on her, Chaewon immediately averted her eyes to the brown table, drawing circles to distract herself. "Why is he here now? And where is Minnie?" She muttered under her breath.

Her heart raced faster the more she heard his footsteps approach the very back where she sat. The ravenette's palms got sweaty and her throat dry.

"Hi Chae!" That was enough to get the girl on her feet, ready to leave the café.

With quick steps, Chaewon rushed out, her skin once again making contact with the cool breeze. The footsteps behind her only grew until she felt a hand on her wrist, pulling her back.

"Stop please," Jeongin spoke softly, his grip on her wrist tightening. A loud silence grew between them, making the air thicker.

In disbelieve, Chaewon looked at his hands that was firmly wrapped around her wrist. This was the first time he had voluntarily made physical contact with her without immediately flinching, if she remembers correctly.

Breaking the awkward silence between both of them, was Chaewon's piano ring tone.

Wanting to get out of this situation, the female quickly answered, her mother's breathy voice made a wave of worry cloud her face.

"I need to go," Chaewon spoke, her voice breaking into a sob.

"Why? What happened?" The taller male asked, following behind the wailing girl.

"Leave me alone," Chaewon sobbed, taking quicker steps away from the café.

--------

  Chaewon paced around the waiting room. She was never found of the hospital, in fact she hated everything about it, from its smell to the way its always gloomy.

Her father was in the ER, with a thin Chance of surviving after being involved in a tragic accident.

Why does bad things have to happen? The happy demeanor she had this morning was long gone, only a cloud of sadness, fear and a hint of hopelessness hovered above her.

Jeongin silently watched as she moved from post to post, muttering inaudible words.

Unable to put his emotions into words, the black haired stood up and walked up to the anxious girl, wrapping his arms around her thin figure.

Chaewon choked on a sob, returning the hug, her tears staining his grey shirt. The more she cried, the tighter her hands tugged on the fabric.

Her rough breath tickled the crook of his neck, while the latter stroked her black hair, entangling his fingers with some strands.

"Its going to be fine, soon," Jeongin whispered softly, surprised by his own actions. This was the first time had actually done something like this.

Chaewon's wailed were muffed, but she managed to croak out some words. So low, Jeongin barely heard it.  "Shut up, Sunbae!"

Okay wow, long chapter
I didn't expect that

Anyways hi, how are you?
Pls vote and comment
Thanks
Cya💜