╏ɴᴇᴡ ᴜɴ-ᴀᴄqᴜᴀɪɴᴛᴀɴᴄᴇˢ╏

13| CHAPTER THIRTEEN

──────𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕03/7/2024

──────
𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕
03/7/2024

│Oᴜᴛɪ Wʜɪᴛʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴾᴼ

A sharp nudge to the rear has me tumbling slightly forward. Curious, I tilted my head back to look at the cause, only catching a drift of blue-grey hair before they turned the corner, taking their echoing laughter with them.

My nails dug into the skin of my palms.

Facing forward once more, I am met with a manicured finger pointed right at my face, much to my confusion. As far as I'm concerned, I have never seen this girl in my life, yet the way she looks at me is as if I murdered her family, which I have not—at least from what I remember.

However, considering from what I am currently observing, it's safe to infer that her family does not cherish her, given that they failed to make an effort to teach her the most fundamental manners.

"...Me?" I said, pointing at myself with a raised eyebrow, while Mylimasis stood with his typical resting bitch face that I cooed internally at.

As if finally catching her impudent actions, she quickly put her arm down and coughed into her fist, which poorly hid her flushed cheeks.

"Ahem, yes, sorry about that. I was in a hurry. But I must say, seeing you here was definitely unexpected. I never thought I'd run into you—in a school of all places!"

Her skittish surprise was nowhere to be seen and is now replaced by a showcase of amusement and excitement. I couldn't care less about whether it was real or not.

It was heartbreaking knowing the number of people that I had interacted with today, and yet, even though I can count precisely how many of those interactions I had on a single hand, I was not happy with thee outcome.

I'd prefer those numbers to be an exact zero, with the exception of Barbatos and Mylimasis, of course.

To be frank, I was in quite the pickle and didn't know how to act in this sort of situation—where a demoness blocks an entry—and, to say the least, I am nervous about how to behave; it appears her undivided attention is now on me instead of Mylimasis making me even more nervous.

Mylimasis then decided to give me a deadpan stare, like he was bemused at my helplessness, to which I stared back with my own pair of meaningful eyes that practically said, 'Help me'.