╏ˢᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᶠᵒʳ ᴛʜᴏᴜˢᴀɴᴅ ᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴˢ?╏

9| CHAPTER NINE

──────

│Oᴜᴛɪ Wʜɪᴛʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴾᴼ

UPON awaking, my breath caught in my throat at the sight that greeted my eyes. I was initially taken aback by the image of toned skin which had caused me to withdraw quickly; however, much to my surprise, it was only mylimasis. I had almost forgotten that I had returned. I exhale a sigh of relief and resume clinging to him, much like a koala (koala? Was it a koala, as those humans labelled it? Coca-Cola??) clinging to trees.

Suddenly, everything from the previous night came flashing back to me in black and white. While whining, I shifted my head further into his chest as I felt a migraine brewing.

Ah, that is right, the exchange programme, and—oh, I have an apology note to write to Mammon, Lucifer's brother. I dislike writing apologies since I always write mushy words on impulse, and what if someone blackmails me that they will show the entire three worlds those sappy notes? That would be humiliating, so of course I would do whatever they wanted if they decided to blackmail me with that.

The sound of the breeze and gentle breathing filled my ears as I re-closed my eyes and lay serenely for a moment before opening them once more to peer up at him.

His heartbeat was so loud against my ears that it almost sounded as though it were about to burst from his ribcage. It was calming and reassuring.

It is at times such as these that I can reminisce with nostalgia. As if it were yesterday, I recall the first time we had met. It is impossible to forget. He was a young Angel when he and an accomplice arrived to capture my father for his various misdeeds, and Lucifer took it upon himself to treat my injuries (it is amazing how such little kindness can have such a large impact). It was breathtaking how every inch of his face was so delicate, with black hair framing it so handsomely and those ruby eyes that arose innocence yet wore the entire world in them. It was so beautiful. He is so beautiful. He is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes on.

In awe, I gazed at his magnificent features. If all of this were a dream, I don't want to wake up.

If someone took away my sole reason for existing, I would naturally go on a killing spree out of anger before killing myself, as I am not entitled to be angry, because if mylimasis was taken from me, it shows that I am unworthy of him. As we grew up together, mylimasis was the only one I could confide in, and he to this day continues to make me feel things I did not know I was capable of feeling. I was disgusted at first, but I eventually accepted it.