62 - I bring the pain like...

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"My father's vault. It was hidden in the black king's velvet box. Did my parents know Pete's mother?!"

"There are many things you and Pete must know about the past. Things that I was prohibited to tell...Khun Kan and Pete's mother..."

["KNOCK, KNOCK Madam Jui, need some help?)]

"Wait a minute Vegas...I'm going to talk to the bodyguard before he gets in.

"Okay"...I turn to Venice "I have something for you son." I take a golden necklace from my pocket. "This is a bird son....do you like it?!"

Venice touches the small golden bird with a smile.

Shortly Grandma comes back.

"I told him Venice was pooping."

"Can I keep seeing Venice?"

"Venice goes to a nursery school every morning. You can see him for a few minutes every day. Then we can talk."

"Thank you so much, Grandma! I won't miss a day."

"I know, son...have you tried to talk to Pete?!"

"I could not talk to him yet..."

"Be careful, child. My grandson is not the same. I'm afraid he can hurt you."

"Don't worry Grandma, he won't." I kiss grandma's and Venice's foreheads.

"No! Papa! Papa! Papa!" Venice refuses to let go of me and cries in a way I thought he could only for Pete.

"I love you, son..." I feel heartbroken.

"We have to go, Venice" Grandma Jui take him from my arms. "You can't say Papa, okay?! Don't say Papa to anyone, okay?!Papa can get hurt." She said it to him in such a seriousness that he stopped crying and nodded.

"I'll get you all back."

"We'll be waiting for you, Vegas. Take care, child."

...

Pete's POV

"Where are they?! They should be home by now."

"They just went to the mall with half of our bodyguards. Don't make a fuss." Lee says throwing herself on the couch.

"Don't you have a house?"

"You mean the main house twenty footsteps from this attached house?! I'm fine here."

"Are you keeping an eye on me?!"

"What do you think?! Nah...I just like this family environment."

Suddenly the door opens.

Venice comes running to me with arms spread open.

He's so happy.

I take Venice in my arms.

"Daddy..." Venice hugs me tight. I feel something in his chest.

A necklace.

"What is it?!Where did it come from?!"

"Papa..."

"Papa!?"

"Oh! Grandpa gave this amulet to Venice, right grandpa?!"

"Amulet?!Oh...yes, yes... an amulet"

"For protection, Pete...do you mind? I can take this off"

"No problem, Grandma...its cute...there's a little bird on it...like a..."

"Baby fenghuang (phoenix)..." Grandma said.

Venice tries to take off the necklace.

"Wait, Venice. You will hurt your neck doing like this."