**
Gwen sat next to Angela in the roll call room as Sergeant Grey started his briefing for the morning "Today is our rookies' one-year mark in the F.T.O. program. Congratulations on not washing out." He said. Applause erupted from the room as everyone was happy for the Rookies who were moving on.

"That also means today is the start of your Thirty Day Push. Why is that important, Officer Nolan?" He asked.

Nolan looked up at the Sergeant and thought about an answer "Because in one month, we will no longer be probationary employees, but fully fledged patrol officers of the LAPD?" He said. Grey shook his head no.

"Because, as your T.O.s have pointed out, you are not there yet. The end of the race is always the hardest. The Push is to remind you not to celebrate until you cross the finish line. Understand?" He said. The rookies all nodded there heads in agreement.

"Good. And...that's all I got. For the first time in history, the night shift did their jobs -- left no open cases that require follow-up. So, go on, find some crime. And be safe out there." He dismissed.

Gwen looked at Angela who was getting ready to join Jackson "Good luck out there" she said. Angela smiled "You too, let me know if I'm needed for any detective work" Gwen nodded and walked towards Chen and Bradford getting ready to join them.

**

It was a quiet morning for the trio, they only stopped a few minor violations nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Gwen however was feeling all different types of weird symptoms. She felt moody, hungry, and tired. Gwen tried to not pay much attention to it she assumed it was her period that was coming up. She reminded her self to check her app later.

"You okay?" Tim asked Gwen. Gwen looked up at Tim knocking her self out of her thoughts. She nodded her head "Yeah I'm fine" she said.

"Wilshire units, information only. Hollywood division is in pursuit after a shots fired call. Event 8-0-5 working on channel 4. Information only." Dispatch said. Tim looked down at the radio as Gwen turned the channel on.

"Uh, gr-gray Maserati, no plates. Suspect vehicle is picking up speed. Uh, we are southbound on Normandie, 50 miles an hour. We got moderate traffic." Lucy looked at the radio familiar with the voice.

"That's Rios, we just saw him at the bar last night. We went to the academy together" Lucy said. Tim looked at her and then the radio "Okay, he's left on Wilshire. E-Eastbound on Wilshire. Speed is 70. " Car horn could be heard blaring as he continued "This is heavy traffic. He's -- He's blowing lights. Sidewalk! He's on the sidewalk!" Rio sounded like he was panicking.

"He sounds too amped up" Gwen said "6-Adam-41, just T.C.'d, Wilshire at Virgil. We are lead car. I-I'm gonna need backup, guys. I need -- I-I need help!" Rios pleaded.

Gwen realized they were actually closer to the call. Without a doubt Gwen picked up the walkie causing Tim to be confused "Control, 7-Adam-19, attach. Code 3. Show us responding" Gwen said.

Tim looked at her not wanting to get involved in a shooting especially with Gwen on board. It wasn't her call to make and that's what Tim was mad about.

"Gwen real-" Gwen cut him off "He needs help, we're two minutes away let's go" she said. Tim sighed biting his tongue from arguing. He turned on the lights and sped down the road.