Rebuilding Burnt Bridges

Start from the beginning

"Understood, activate the ground bridge," Optimus said morbidly. "Autobots, roll out," Optimus ordered.

"Come on cat," Arcee bid. The Autobots transformed and you followed them out.

The chase began, there weren't many places for Breakdown and Knockout to turn to as they were being chased through a canyon. Your ears twitch as Decepticons flew overhead. "Stay close," Arcee ordered.

Rockets were fired. Arcee accelerated, you were right by her side, the two of you were faster than everyone else and left them in the dust. The rockets hit the side of the canyon causing boulders to fall, any one of them could crush you or Arcee, you wanted to turn back, you couldn't pin point the nearest falling boulders because the falling stone made the air rumble. You pounced your way through the falling boulders faster than Arcee. Being crushed was not the way you wanted to die.

Arcee quickly caught up to you, "I think back up may be a little damned," you hissed. The fallen rocks had cut you and Arcee from the others. You could hear the jet engines in the sky, and second they'd be on top of you and Arcee. You wondered if it was possible for you and Arcee to take back the energon and fight off the Decepticons. You glanced over at Arcee, "we'll be fine," she assured you.

"Arcee! Fall Back! You're out numbered!" Optimus ordered.

"We're always outnumbered, we need that energon!" Arcee replied. She wasn't budging. A fight was coming, you glanced around, this was the kind of situation you didn't like, there was nowhere to take cover, your speed would be the only thing to save you from Cybertronian strength.

"Ratchet lock onto Arcee's co-ordinates and prepare an emergency ground bridge," Optimus commanded.

"They always gotta ruin the fun," you huffed. You hadn't been hunting in awhile, your heart began to thunder in your ears, the stone under your claws felt like air as your worries faded away. Your eyes locked onto Breakdown.

"I'm locked on," Ratchet answered, "Arcee, you and your cat decelerate and prepare to return to base," Ratchet instructed.

"Save it Ratchet, I'm too close," Arcee snapped at him. She scowled, she was too far behind Knockout and Breakdown.

"(y/n)! Go! Go! Go!" Arcee screamed to you as the cons behind you began to catch up. You abandoned all reason and jumped into the air and shifted. Your wings pulled you into the air and flew ahead of Breakdown and Knockout.

You shifted again. Landing in your beast form, snarling at the cons, the roar escaped your throat as easily as breathing. "Run it over!" you heard Knockout smirk. You roared at them as Breakdown came racing towards you. You stepped to the side, your claws outstretched and slashed Breakdowns tires. He lost control and flipped, tumbling over and over, the energon fell from his grasp.

You pounced between the cons and the energon. "This belongs to me now," you snarled at them. A roar left your throat again, daring them to transform and fight. Your ears twitched as you heard the whoosh of rockets being fired. You were blind to Arcees fall, when you were focused, tunnel vision would consume you and you'd be blind to anything that was going on. You pounced backwards, away from the blast of the rockets fired at you but you weren't fast enough to escape the shockwave, it sent you rolling across the ground. With a low ground you picked yourself up. You were no longer facing the cons but Arcee. She was down and surrounded by cons, she didn't have her weapons drawn and was slowly recovering.

"Your choice," Breakdown chuckled. They were aware of your predicament, save Arcee or get the energon.

"Scrap!" you snarled. Knockout and Breakdown transformed. You faced them, taking a few small paces back towards Arcee. Turn and fight or let them get away.