27

A/N: Hi, hello. This got away from me and ended up being longer than I planned, so hopefully that makes up for it. Some character development happens I hope pleases you, too.

Hopefully you read and enjoy. :)

---------------------------

A small shiver hit Lauren as she ran through the parking lot behind the others in a light drizzling rain. As they reached the safety of the overarching roof of the store and a small crowd of people, she reached for Dinah's hand. It appeared they were not the only ones with the idea of going shopping as an indoor activity for the day.

Dinah smiled and clasped Lauren's hand securely in her own. "I've got you, little lion. I won't let you get lost."

Lauren nodded but still shuffled closer. If she kept within contact of the other woman, then she couldn't get lost.

"But what about Mamí?" Camila questioned. "What if we lose her?"

"Why do you think you would?" Ally asked, her tone implying she would probably regret asking.

"Well, because you're so short," Camila answered as though it were obvious.

Ally sighed and rolled her eyes. "You're not that much taller than me," she stated with exasperation. "And besides, even if somehow we did get separated, I would just look for Dinah. She's like a tree. It's kind of hard to miss her."

"Hey! What did I do to deserve that?" Dinah scoffed with an offended pout. "I didn't make fun of you this time. I was minding my own business talking with Lauren."

Ally shook her head. "I'm gonna go start stocking up on essentials," she said before she took the cart shopping cart Normani had grabbed during the discussion and walked off.

Lauren bit her lip. "Is she mad?" she murmured as she scuffed the tip of her shoe on the floor.

Dinah squeezed the girl's hand gently. "Nah, Ally's not mad. Trust me. She's put up with Mani and me for years."

Normani approached them with another cart. "Why don't I take Lauren to look around, and you and Camila go help Ally."

Camila pouted. "Aww why do I have to help with the boring stuff?"

Dinah rolled her eyes. "We'll do the fun stuff after, but I'm pretty sure Ally won't buy any good snacks if we're not there to bug her about it."

Camila's eyes widened, and then she grabbed Dinah's hand and started tugging her away.

Normani waved them off with assurances of finding them later. She then turned to Lauren and asked, "So, where do you want to start?"

"I don't really know what I'm supposed to get," Lauren admitted as she rubbed the back of her neck.

Normani nodded with a small smile. "Let's start with things to keep around the house, so you don't have to worry about bringing as much on the weekends."

Lauren's brows pinched together in confusion. "Like what? I already have some stuff at your house."

"Yeah, but those are just small things," Normani responded. "We were thinking you should get a couple new sets of clothes just for keeping at the house." She frowned as she mulled something over in her head. "Whatever you usually have is fine, but if you want some that expresses your Little side more, then this is a great time for that."

Lauren blushed and ducked her head. She was sure Normani only meant clothes like Camila had, colorful and patterned, or maybe with various characters from movie or tv shows, but maybe she meant something else.