Chapter 34:Ripped

Start from the beginning

"Wear that dress I got for you, it's cold outside... that one is already a mess" he stated without any hint of emotion.

"Get your filthy hands off me..." I shut my eyes trying to get hold of the loathe feeling growing inside of me as I ignored him and wore back my former dress and took my shoes on my hands...

I could not wait to get out of that stuffy room...far away from him.

I paddled myself towards the elevator and I tried to open it but a familiar and unwanted hand stopped me from entering.

"Bi-

"Don't you dare touch nor utter my name from your devilish mouth!" I spat at him angrily with my veins threatening to pop out and jerked my hands off him before shutting the elevator.

I went down and buried my face in between my laps.

I released every tears I've been trying to hold together. It fell helplessly. I'm the biggest fool to think he still loves me or to think what we shared meant something and like a fool I fell for his trap twice.

Everything was just to get back at me and he did that perfectly well and I'm done fighting for him.

I can't do this anymore. I really can't... I have to get far away to keep him off my head.

The elevator opened just immediately as I tried to comport myself and wiping my tears off to avoid unnecessary attention.

I was walking down the resort towards the entrance when a hand stopped me. I know that perfume as my eyes glanced briefly at the person.

"Hey are you okay?" Lucca Castillo asked with his eyes full of concern.

I jerked my hands off him as he reminded me of the devil.

They're both the same. I continued walking despite feeling sore in between my legs, I still tried to move steadily.

I got outside the building that's when I realized how cold the arena was ... I forgot for a brief moment that it was the Adriatic sea.

I hugged my body tightly and kept moving my legs towards the tiny empty canal before a hand stopped me again.

" Ma'am where are you...

Ivan stopped talking when I turned towards him and I don't know why probably my eyes were still sore from tears.

"Are you okay? It's cold outside. Let me at least get a golado for you, stay here I'll be back, You won't see a cab here and I'm sure the boat are not out by this time" He said glancing briefly at his watch.

He's the last person I want to associate with right now.

Anyone that reminds me of Stefano, I don't want to have anything to do with them.

" No thank you I'm fine" I said and began to make my way down towards the bridge and indeed there was no cab.

This is Venice, a land full of water with the most picturesque and beautiful floating palaces of stone surrounded by an ancient network of canals so I know, I won't see anything related to cab.

I felt a jacket around me and I turned to realize Ivan was still here with me.

I tossed the jacket back at him and heaved a sigh " Ivan, nothing you do will make me enter that Escalator with you... I'll rather freeze to death than go with you so the more you stop me, the more I freeze out in cold" I directed at him angrily but trying to keep my voice down as possible before walking ahead of him and thank God he didn't follow.

I kept walking and there was no sign of cab so I turned towards the canal and thank goodness I saw a boat just in time.

"Where to ma'am?" The sailor demanded

"San Michele" I stated... My plan was to head straight to Verona but I have to see someone before I leave Italy for good. Yeah I'm leaving.

Getting to the cemetery, I got a white flora before heading to her rest zone. I dropped the flowers and sat gently on her grave.

"Clara, I'm sorry I haven't been able to see you for awhile... Claire finally made it out of her shells" I stated with a smile removing the strand of sand from her grave.

"I hope you'll watch over her as you've always done" I smiled briefly looking at the encrypted letters that had had her name.

" And me... Well I think I'm getting punished for my sins in the past" I smiled looking at the golden gate across of me.

"But I'll be fine from now on... I'm leaving everything behind." I heaved a sigh.

"I know if you're here, I'll definitely have a earful lecture why I shouldn't do it but I need to do this for my own sanity." I stated and stood up from her grave.

"I love you...keep resting" I bow gently and left the cemetery towards the canal for the next fast boat to Verona where I can finally get a train to Rome since I wasn't with my passport.

I came to Venice with Ryder and Claire's private plane.

After the long hours on the road...

getting to my suite at Rome which is one of the Alcantara's building.

I was fortunate enough not to encounter the muscular man outside my door.

I booked for a plane heading to Seville, Spain where my Auntie stays.

Going back to new York will only give me unending lectures which is the last thing I want right now so I have to stay away from everyone.

I packed my belongings including my sketch pad which luckily I brought back to the suite to save me from going to his company and I grabbed my passports before heading towards the door and giving the entire room a last look.

I took another cab to the Rome-Fiumicino International Airport.

I glanced briefly at my watch, which states 6:52pm and my flight was by 7:15pm.

I walked briskly towards the flight attendants and submitted my details and all before heading to the plane but another flight attendant stopped me just before I could enter studying me abruptly.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Sorry Ma'am, can I see your plane ticket?" She demanded calmly and I nodded at her checking my watch.

I had two minutes more to get into the plane.

"Can I go now?" I asked impatiently then she shook her head in an apologetic manner.

"I'm so sorry you can't get into the plane Ma'am...orders from above" she stated leaving me confused as I checked my passport again.

It wasn't expired so why would she stop me?

"Why?" I demanded impatiently.

"Not disclosed ma'am"

"Who gave the orders?" I said in gritted teeth trying to control my temper

"I did" My blood boiled immediately at the familiar voice that echoed through my ears.

Why is he here? Has he not done enough damage to me? Or is there any more ways to rip my heart out than the way it's already ripped out...

You guys don't like to comment... Feel free to say how you feel about this book..it'll encourage me to keep writing... and thank you for following so far...

please don't forget to vote and share with your friends.

Love you, Ria🍒