Extra V

Penny's perspective

Texting the group chat for Noel's birthday, I hear a loud banging in the kitchen. I know it's the kitchen. It's where they always fight. I think nothing of it at first. I know I'm gonna get involved somehow. Noel asks if I'm in that group chat, I ace the lie in which I say, "No?". For the next week... He won't know. I smile devilishly at this A+ lie. Suddenly, my dad barges into my room. "STUPID LITTLE SHIT, WHY DON'T YOU MOVE OUT ALREADY? WE SHOULD'VE HAD A BETTER CHILD!" I just stare at him. "Maybe I'll leave when you treat me better. I know mom still talks shit behind my back." I respond. His face becomes red, veins popping from his forehead. I made him even more angry. He forcefully grabs my arm and throws me to the floor. "Assault." I say, monotone voice only making him more enraged. He takes a pocket knife and carves into my skin. If I try to grab the knife, he steps on my arm. I'm in utter pain from this. The noise of my door creaking catches our attention. Mom. The man lets go of me and pins her down. I hate them, but my mom, even if she talks shit, she's been there. No matter what. I guess it's her motherly instinct. "GET OFF OF HER." I tackle the older man, finding a way to strangle him. I wrap my arm around his neck and tighten it.

After some time, he falls, unconscious. My mom gets up and slaps me. "How could you!" I give her a confused look. "I just saved your life." She grunts and walks away, calling the cops. And... Yeah no. My family isn't functional.

The cops arrive and question me.

"Do your parents hurt you?"
"Verbally and physically, yes."
"How come you strangled your father? Anger?"
"He used a knife on me and stepped on my arms, I think fracturing my bones. Not fully sure though."
"So, self defense?"
"He was hurting my mom when he did, but after, she got mad and then called 911."
"So, she's falsely accusing you of murder?"
"Murder with no reason? Yes."

The cops arrest my mom and take my dad to the hospital. Now I'm all alone. I text Ricky, scared.

Space Prophet

Ricky

Yes?

Can I live with you?

Yes. How come?

I don't think I wanna say. When I get money, I'll move out.

Okay. If you ever want to talk, Noel and I are here for you.

Also, good luck trying to get to know my parents.
They are close-minded.

Alright. Thank you.

Of course!

I'm glad he's there. Him and Noel are my family. I know Noel is with Mischa all the time right now; I wouldn't want to bother him. Ricky is always nice to me. I love him for that.