Chapter 15: Jealous

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I just wanted to ask you something," he said slowly.

"What?" she asked in the hope that he would say Teena is his sister or something of that sort.

"Which girlfriend are you talking about?" he asked smilingly.

"What?" she asked confused, raising her eyebrows.

"I have many girlfriends. So which one were you talking about? To whom do I have to give medicine?" he asked with a very serious expression on his face.

"I.. I..... I need to leave." saying that Aaradhya turned and walked out of the canteen with the speed of light.

Abhi could not help but smile at her behaviour. This girl was something. But then it struck him. He came here to talk with her and to apologise. But what did he do? Made her more mad instead. How is he such an idiot? He immediately followed her and found her standing near the stairs drinking water from her bottle. He went and stood in front of her.

Aaradhya was trying so hard to calm her heartbeat. As she took a sip of water she found him standing in front of her again. She got tensed and as a result, spat the water which directly went to Abhi's face and shirt.

"What the..." Abhi exclaimed.

"Sorry sorry sorry! I am so sorry! You frightened me by suddenly appearing like this. It's your fault." she said hurriedly. Why does she always embarrass herself in front of him? Just why!

"It's ok. I am sorry" said Abhi wiping his face with a handkerchief.

"Can we talk, please?" he asked keeping the handkerchief in his pocket.

Aaradhya was too embarrassed to even stand in front of him now. She made a promise to herself to maintain her distance from him. She will not break it.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"See Aaradhya, you are a nice girl. I don't want to hurt you. I was very furious at Yuvraj so I did what I did. I am sorry for that. To keep my promise I did not punch him directly and I am sorry for all I did. But I cannot take this behaviour of yours anymore. For the last few days, you are avoiding me as if I am some deadly disease. And I don't have any girlfriends. If it makes the situation better. " he said all he wanted.

Don't! Don't! Please don't! Aaradhya warned her heart, but still, it skipped a beat again. She thought he did not notice her indifference for the past few days. But he did. He did!

"Okk" she could bring herself to say this only.

"Ok?" he asked.

"Yes Ok! Now if you permit may I leave? Dev and Tanu would be waiting for me." she said.

"Oh! You are going out with Dev?" he asked cooly.

"And Tanu" she emphasised Tanu's name.

"Cool then! I'll see you around, I guess?" he asked hopefully.

"Yes of course. Bye" With that she left.

*********

Varanasi is famous for its street food. And today Tanu was going to try most of them. Her exams were over now. No more study for a few days, at least. She wore a beautiful pink kurti with jeans. Her Instagram was going to get full of some traditional aesthetics now. She was so happy.

Aaradhya saw a smiling Tanu as she tied her hair. She wore a light yellow kurti with a white palazzo. Tanu has forced her to wear this. She wants to post some roommates' goals on her insta profile. She has even forced Dev to come in a kurta. This girl can make anyone do anything she wants.