10. Significantly Yours

KSHATI

KSHATI

"And cut!" The director screamed. It was a crew of just twenty people and the shooting of a short film. There was no need to yell but there our director was living his 'I-am-bollywood-movie-director' fantasy.'

"Did you get the shot, Kshati?" He looked at me.

"Yes, sir. It's perfect."

"Good, then, pack up." He announced as loudly as before.

And everyone began to hustle to go home. Even though this was a short film, the schedule took longer than usual. We were four days late, and for the last two days, nobody literally slept. We all stayed at the location. This was one of the most draining projects I have worked on. But I am glad. I like being busy. It stops me from thinking about the guy I dated for twenty-seven hours.

It's been three weeks, exactly twenty-one days but his thoughts, his face, his voice, his smile isn't leaving my mind. People say it only takes twenty-one days to develop a habit.

Don't go there, Kshati.

"Kshati?" Neil, the assistant director called me. I turned to look at him and almost tripped as he was standing too close to me for my liking.

"Hey!"

"Hi!" He grinned.

What is his deal? He had asked me out a week back, and I had said no, but he just can't seem to understand. Man! I hate men who can't understand a 'no'. He's not a creep, I know, but he's just not giving up which is annoying.

"We all are celebrating, I mean going to a party, do you wanna join?" He grinned again.

"Uh, I would love to, but I am leaving for Mumbai next week. So I have to go home and pack. Next time, maybe."

"Oh-okay. In case you change your mind, I am sharing the location. You can join us any time." He gave me a small smile.

"Sure."

"Can I help you with your camera?" He asked.

"No, I can manage. Thank you." I said in a 'back-off' tone.

***

"This was your last bag, K!" Nishtha huffed as she rested hands on her waist.

"Okay. Thank you, Mommy!" I stuck my tongue out at her.

"When is your flight?"

"I am going by train. And it's on Monday."

"Why train?" she quipped.

"Just felt like it." I shrugged.

"That's it?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, Nish, that's it."

"If you say so." She scoffed.

"So, what are you both going to do with my room?" I asked, tying my hair into a bun. Since Krish lived with his parents, Nish was going to buy this flat for them.