9. @pun_intended

It was a moment ago when we were talking and eating and now she was asleep, her head on my shoulder

It was a moment ago when we were talking and eating and now she was asleep, her head on my shoulder. I could take her to the bed, but then it must be hot in there.

I carefully laid her on the couch and locked the door. I reduced the volume and sat near her feet. She looked so peaceful and serene. What I kinda liked and appreciated the most was the fact that she was being herself, carefree, and at home. She did trust me.

I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it did. I felt that urge to get some sleep as well, but I have always been somewhat insomniac. Nevertheless, I just closed my eyes, thinking about, well, her.

***

The next I woke up was when she tried moving away. It was agonizing, to be broken away from the slumber. But I have never felt so fresh and amazing after I got up.

She smelt so good, I swear to god! I surely knew the scent but I wasn't able to pinpoint. I spotted something written on her shoulder, another word I couldn't pronounce.

She then went on to tell me about the backstory of this tattoo. The accident, the narcissistic relatives, and her birthday gift. It was honestly painful to hear, someone as amazing as her had to go through so much. I wish I could take it all away.

I couldn't fetch the right set of words, but I did press a kiss on the ink on her skin. She almost shivered, leaning back on me and then Saurabh walked in.

Why is my timing so terrible?

They talked for a freaking hour about books. It was irritating. I even tried sleeping again, but that didn't work.

My brother then asked for her number to talk more about the books. Kshati told him to take it from me later.

The stupid, stupid deal. Can't she just forget it?

I demanded three more hours to compensate for the one she wasted. She agreed almost immediately.

"So, what do we do now?" She sat next to me after she fixed her appearance a bit more after the nap. Her perfume was seriously very good.

"We go out 'cause watching isn't our thing." I combed my hair and changed into black joggers.

"Okay."

We got on the ground floor.

"See, there's this Bullet, a regular bike, and a scooter. What would you like to ride on?" I asked her.

"Can we take the Bullet?"

That was the first time I saw her this excited about something. I couldn't refuse.

I made a call and after some time, the key was literally thrown at me.

The Bullet roared as soon as I started the engine. She squealed like a kid in a fair and sat behind me.