Chapter 38 - Last Day

Tobio POV

It's the final day of our National Youth Training. The coach here told us to play 3 rounds to see how much we improve over the past few days we were here.

I changed my clothes and walk outside of my dorm. I locked it and put the keys into my pocket.

"Here, Kageyama!!" Chigaya said waving his arms up enough for me to see.

"Good Morning, Chigaya-san and Miya-san" I greeted while looking at the two of them.

"Good Morning to you too, Kageyama-kun"

"Good Morning too, Tobio-kun"

"Aren't we going to get breakfast?" I asked them.

"Right, we were waiting for you" Chigaya-san told me.

"Well, sorry for the delay" I apologized and bowed.

"Nah, it's really okay. Besides, me and Eikichi have time to talk about that white haired spiker." He said while looking in the  direction of that boy he's talking about.

I really forgot his name. I wonder if he's in the Nationals.

We get our breakfast from the cafeteria. I got the fluffy pancakes with syrup and bacon. I got milk from the vending machine as my drink.

I went back to our table. I saw Miya-san but not Chigaya-san.

"Miya-san, where is Chigaya-"

"Sorry, I got hot chocolate. How about you Miya and Kageyama?"

"I got the orange juice served next to the cereal section." Miya-san's voice was muffled because he has food inside his mouth but we understood him anyways.

"I got milk from the vending machine. Luckily, I was there early since this is already the last one.

Me and Chigaya-san sat and placed the food we have on the table.

We all started to eat quickly knowing that the coach wants us at 9 to practice. It's already 8:45 so we really should hurry up.

After eating our delicious breakfast, I went back to my dorm and changed to a much more comfortable clothes.

~

3rd Person POV

They all met in the court then they see their coach.

He group the teens in two teams.

"Let's start now."

Kageyama was grouped with Atsumu, Sakusa, Chigaya, Haru, Komori, and Hoshiumi.

They started to make their own strategies and went back to the court to play. They composed themselves and get to position.

They went first so Kageyama served ended up with a service ace. He served again to the other side but the opponent side caught it and gave it to their setter. Their setter tossed it to the spiker so the he spiked it across the other side.

Chigaya received it before it will fall to the floor. Kageyama took advantage of this and tossed the ball to Hoshiumi who was ready to spike. Hoshiumi's jumps and Kageyama's tosses match up so Hoshiumi was able to spike the ball and then get a point for their own team.

"Good toss Kageyama!! Give me more of it!! We need those tosses at every attack!!" Hoshiumi praised and gave Kageyama a thumbs up.

He went into his position. Since they have been scoring a point for two consecutive times now, the position won't be changed nor rotated.

Kageyama nodded to Hoshiumi and went to the back of their court and served the ball. The opponent side took notice and the setter received the ball. The setter then did a setter dump but Komori received it sending the ball to the other side. Since the ball was very close to the net and the force of the ball was not that strong, the ball fell to the ground of the opponent's side once again.

The opponent's side groaned because the other team which is Kageyama's team got the point once again.

"Yosh!! That's what I am talking about!! High five Atsumu!!"

Hoshimiya beamed and ran up to Atsumu then did a high five with him laughing.

"Let's finish them off!! This is so fun!! I love playing with you guys!! It feels like I am on the Nationals already!!"

Hoshiumi looked at his hands smiling then looked up to his opponents with determination in his eyes.

The game went on for 3 hours. Kageyama and his group were worn out but keep ongoing. After a few spikes and there, they won the game.

"Good Job everyone!!"

Atsumu said giving everyone a high five and patted their backs with a huge smile on his face.

"Good Job as well Miya-san."

Kageyama said smiling slightly and gave him a high five as well.

~

"Aww!! Do we really have to leave now? I don't wanna go yet!! I still want to stay at the camp!! This is the best thing that ever happened to me!! Except for going to the Nationals, of course."

Both Hoshiumi and Atsumu said whining because they don't want to leave yet.

"Don't make a big deal about it. We really have to go now."

Sakusa said blantly then turned around to face them.

"Good Luck on the Nationals. We won't go easy on you guys."

Sakusa stated his eyes darkening a bit.

"We won't go easy either!!"

Atsumu, Hoshiumi and Kageyama said at the same time making Sakusa smile a bit under his mask.

"Then let's see each other at the Nationals."

Sakusa said then left with Komori on his back who was waving his hands on the three.

The end

No, it's not

There's more I promise.

Be patient!!

You stayed?

Aww thank you!! Okay here it is then!!

P.S.
Oh My Gosh!! It's been so long since I last wrote on this book!! I haven't noticed how time flies!! I apologize!! The real reason is because I lost motivation in doing this because I have been busy in school ever since. But now, I think I am having some time now. Although I will be updating now compared to the previous months, I won't update often. Thank you for understanding everyone. This book has gone over 28k readers and I am so happy. So grateful for you guys. As an author, it made my heart flutter knowing that people liked my book. Again thank you. I promise this won't be the last time. Love you my lovelies💜💜!!