V1 - C7 Premonition? Short chapter

I arrived at the dorms that would be my home for the next three years around 3pm.

The receptionist on the second floor handed me a key card for room 401 and an information manual before I got on the elevator.

As I flipped through the manual, I noticed the time and day to take out the trash and a warning about not making too much noise.

I also read not to waste water and electricity as much as possible.

"Looks like this school really went through some big cuts for the sake of the students."
I thought as I read on.

I was surprised to see that they had implemented co-ed dorms.

For a school that banned relationships between students, co-ed dorms felt out of place.

In other words, sex was a no-no.

"Obviously," I thought to myself.

I quickly got to my room after collecting my thoughts.

It was an 8 tatami room, which was enough for me.

This would be my home from today, and also the first time I would live individually.

"This institution forbids contact with anyone outside the school."

I thought seriously as I glanced sideways at my backpack.

The school had a high employment rate and boasted the best facilities and opportunities of any high school in Japan.

It was quite a famous and influential school in Japan, and I had a great reason for choosing it.

I need to free myself from the chains that hold me back in order to act freely.

True freedom in the sense of the word, not just a delusion.

I needed to be the one in control of my actions and I had to execute all of this for a single purpose that came together like branches on a tree.

The seed was already planted, now all that was left was to work on it.

However, I knew that my concept of freedom went beyond what most people considered.

Even though I was living alone and without restrictions, I was still bound by chains that did not give me the freedom to move.

There was something further and more complex that I had not yet reached.

I had seen many of my classmates today, each with unique personalities.

Some carefree students were smiling thinking about their future in this school.

Having a guaranteed quality job.

Their job was guaranteed but not their life.

A humble human being who lived without a care in the world.

While others, as time went by, had problematic experiences.

Each with their own fears.

What will happen in the future for them and many others could be a blessing or a curse depending on their actions.

I was already working on my plan, but I was always looking for new opportunities and ways to move towards my goal.

Real freedom was on my mind, and I was willing to do anything to obtain it.

...
...
...

On the second day of class, although it was technically the first day, most of it was spent going over policies and rules.