2

Chapter Two: In Search for an Exorcist

THERE WAS NOTHING more that Josephine wanted to do than to jump off a cliff and plummet to her death thousands of feet below

THERE WAS NOTHING more that Josephine wanted to do than to jump off a cliff and plummet to her death thousands of feet below. Since the Shelby's left two nights ago, that was all Anna Grace could speak about. To get away from the constant headache, Lorelai requested to walk around the shops and get a bit of fresh air.

"You've never had a better idea," Josephine smiled, and the two youngest sisters started on their walk towards the downtown area. Lorelai had grown a bit in height over the past year, almost surpassing her sister. Josephine wasn't tall by any means, but her little sister's spurt made her feel extra small. They strode, their elbows locked together.

It was finally a nice day, one without rain. The sun even felt like shining through the grey clouds. In Small Heath, there was no such thing as a blue sky. As the pair approached, some of the shops had pulled racks out into the street. The sisters rifled through many clothes and accessories, things they didn't necessarily need but it was good fun to look anyway.

"Josephine?" A man's voice called, enough to make her turn around. It was Thomas Shelby himself.

"Hello, Thomas. How are you doing?" She asked politely yet turning back to the clothing rack to continue her browsing. He moved closer, standing beside her. Secretly, it bothered him that she didn't give him her full attention. "Lorelai is here somewhere, too."

"I'd just met with Cabot and Anna Grace."

"That must've been real good fun. I'm actually on the hunt for a practicing exorcist, do you have anyone you could refer?" Josephine had reached the end of the rack, then moved to look on the other side. Thomas stayed standing where he was, as he was able to see her still over the short rack. He lifted a brow. Her eyes darted up to see his face after he didn't verbally reply. "After Anna Grace's performance Thursday evening, I was afraid she might have gotten possessed."

Thomas let out a short, breathy laugh.

"My father wasn't there?" Josephine added.

"He'd stopped by my shop early this morning. Anyways. There's a race coming up, in about a week or so. Your family is attending, but they—"

Josephine stopped, picking her head up. Their eyes met.

"They never mentioned that." She said softly. She cleared her throat. "Excuse me, I've got to find Lorelai. We've got to go."

Josephine started to walk away, but Thomas caught up to her and stopped her by grabbing her wrist gently.

"I've got an extra ticket. Polly's decided not to come. It'll be a great race; we'd hate for you to miss out."

Josephine stared at him blankly.

"Thank you. That's kind. And generous. But I don't think that's a great idea. I've got to—I've got to uh, watch Lorelai while they're away."