Chapter 35: Stubborn!

Start from the beginning

"I'll get away from you guys and let everyone be at peace. If you guys still bother me and my mother, don't blame me for being vicious. You've overestimated yourself. You already meant nothing to me since three years ago..."

She left those words along with the wind, her clear voice echoing in his ear. He was stunned as he watched her walk swiftly went towards the Cayenne and got in.

Before he could react, the black Cayenne tore through the streets like a dark tornado.

Ethan frowned, standing where the Cayenne was just now. His mind went blank until Victoria approaching him from behind and called his name sadly,

"Ethan..."

Ethan came back to his senses when he heard Victoria's cry behind him. He looked at her and saw her terrible state.

He witnessed the scene where Arya slammed the table and poured the coffee all over Victoria's face...

To be more exact, he had been observing them silently in his car the moment Arya stepped into the cafè. He never expected that Arya would...

He wanted to talk to her and hoped that she would not vent out her frustrations on Victoria while he was the one at fault. Moreover, he felt strange after hearing her words. His chest felt tight and uncomfortable!

"Ethan!" Victoria called out to him again when he did not reply. Her usually beautiful and charming face was now left with a frail and sad expression. She seemed extremely pale and her figure seemed like a mimosa as if she would just shut herself out if a wind blew her.

"Are you alright?" Ethan pulled her into his arms and asked.

Victoria shook her head as she hugged him tightly. She said in a sad tone,

"We probably can't go back to how we were before. She said she'll never forgive us... Am I not doing enough? But I feel really exhausted, Ethan... I don't know what to do anymore..."

Ethan took a deep breath. His cold face softened while he comforted her,

"That's enough. Stop overthinking. We've done whatever we need to do. We can only let her be if she insists."

"I'm worried that she won't come to our engagement ceremony..."

"I hope she'll come too, Victoria. She'd have probably come if it was back then, but now..."

The car went through the broad highways. After passing several busy junctions, it headed towards the north of the city.

She suddenly felt like going back to the Johnson Residence. Coincidentally, the gifts for Robert and Arianna that she had taken from the Knight Residence were in her trunk. She gave the Johnson Residence a call before heading over.

The Johnson Residence was located in the north and taking the train or bus was convenient. Furthermore, there was no need to worry about traffic jams. Based on the estimation that the distance between it and both the Knight Residence and Maple Residence was not really that far away, if one drove quickly, it would only take about 40 minutes to reach the Johnson Residence from Maple Residence.

The Johnson Residence was hidden inside in a high-class villa neighbourhood in the outskirts of New York City. It was a big house, but not many people lived there. Aside from Robert and Arianna, there were the housekeeper Uncle Nick and the cook Aunt Ava, and not many other people. Arya would only go back every once in a while.

"Ms. Johns is back!"

Arya parked her car in front of the entrance. The first person she saw was the housekeeper, Uncle Nick.