Chapter 49: Heavy Rain

Start from the beginning

"Hmm, I'll go do my own thing after you finish eating."

Fu Lin lifted the covers and prepared to get out of bed. "I'll go make you some food."

"No, no, no," she quickly pressed him back onto the bed. "How can I let a sick person make food for me? You just lie down and rest."

"Xia Huai Zhi, am I a burden to you?" Fu Lin sighed, looking downcast. "My poor health always causes trouble for those around me."

"No, you've never been a burden to me. And. . . you take care of me just as much, don't you?"

Just as they were enjoying each other's company, there was a sudden, loud knocking at the door of the living room, startling Xia Huai Zhi.

Fu Lin probably knew what was going on and gently pushed her arm, saying, "Go answer the door."

"Oh, okay. . ."

She looked through the peephole and saw several police officers in uniform outside, with the leader holding up his identification.

Following Fu Lin's lead, she didn't think too much and opened the door. Before the police could even ask anything, she voluntarily said, "Fu Lin Yuan isn't here." "Sorry, we have to search this place. Please step aside for a moment."

She reluctantly stepped back and said, "Go ahead, he's really not here."

After the search yielded no results, several police officers went to the bedroom and questioned Fu Lin, "Mr. Fu, do you know the whereabouts of your father?"

"I don't know," Fu Lin said calmly, "Our father-son relationship has been broken for many years, and there's no need to meet normally. We haven't seen each other for seven months."

"When was the last time you contacted him? What did you say?"

"Half a month ago, when I resigned from Therasis, he called and asked about my plans. Other than that, he didn't say anything, let alone about himself."

"Okay."

The police recorded this information and then asked, "Do you know about your father's criminal behavior?"

"I don't know, and he was the victim."

Fu Lin candidly said, "I accidentally took a mandatory gender reassignment drug, which has led to serious health problems. And this drug is the product of an underground drug research institute." "Are you sure you took it 'accidentally'?"

Fu Lin reflexively curled his fingers, but fortunately he was covered by the blanket, so the small movement was not obvious.

"In my opinion, yes."

In order to shift the focus, he took the initiative to provide information, "Officer, I know several places where he has residences in other provinces. Maybe you can go there and take a look. He also seems to have a base abroad, but I don't know which country specifically, so I can't give more clues."

He orally stated those locations, then weakly coughed a few times, indicating that he was recuperating.

"Thank you for providing valuable clues. I wish you a speedy recovery. Goodbye."

After the police left, Xia Huaizhi breathed a sigh of relief and leaned against Fu Lin, still in shock.

"I was so scared. I saw them all around you and thought they were going to take you away. . ."

"I'm not the criminal, so don't worry." Fu Lin rubbed her hair to comfort her.

"Sigh, this is really. . ." She said with hatred, "I really hope he can be caught soon, so you don't have to be interrogated." "Hopefully."