Chapter 42 Reunion

If he continued to listen, his ears would be damaged.

The escape plan had just begun when he heard Xia Huai Zhi call out, "Senior Ye, don't go yet."

He asked helplessly, "Why should I stay here, to be a third wheel?"

"It's only ten o'clock now, and the Lantern Festival hasn't passed yet. Let's eat tangyuan together to celebrate."

She took out the already mashed tangyuan from her bag. "I was going to throw them away, but I didn't have time. They don't look good, but they're still edible."

"Okay."

He snatched the tangyuan from Xia Huai Zhi's hand. "There's a kitchen upstairs. I'll go cook. You stay here and take care of him."

Xia Huai Zhi nodded quickly, indicating that she would take good care of Fu Lin.

After Ye Fengqiu left, Fu Lin pulled her hand and said, "Actually, I don't need to be taken care of right now."

"But I want to take care of you." She considerately asked, "How's your body now? Does it still hurt?"

Fu Lin shook his head and said it didn't hurt.

For some reason, she always felt that Fu Lin was lying to her, after all, he had this kind of history.

So she tried to put on a serious expression, "You have to tell the truth, don't lie to me."

Fu Lin looked at her silently, using silence instead of an answer. In general, this situation meant that he agreed.

She frowned with concern, reached into the blanket, and asked, "Where does it hurt, here. . . or here?"

"Mainly inside," Fu Lin held her hand, "but it only hurts a little, it'll be better soon."

"Are you telling the truth this time?"

Fu Lin was very sure, "Mm."

"That's good, I hope you get better soon. "She lowered her head and said in a muffled voice, "I will never hurt you again in the future. . . Why don't we just stop doing this, so we can avoid it from the source?"

She thought Fu Lin would be very satisfied with this proposal, but he gave a completely opposite opinion.

"Xia Huai Zhi, it's not just your fault."

"And it's just a failed attempt. Maybe we can work it out. . ."

He couldn't say the rest of the words, choking in his throat.

In the past, her wicked thoughts would have been active by now. But in this situation, her first reaction was to worry about the other person.

"Aren't you afraid of doing this?" She thought about it from the other person's perspective. "If it was me and I fainted from the pain the first time, I would never try it again in my life."

"I'm afraid."

Fu Lin whispered, "But if it's you, I can accept it."

"Why?" She asked knowingly, "Am I special to you?" 

"Hmm."

"Whether it's on a physical or psychological level, you will be the only Alpha in my life."

Xia Huai Zhi felt sweet in her heart and said, "You're so good at talking now. I love listening to you."

After saying that, she thought to herself--

He must have been good at talking before, but he always kept it to himself. Now he's learned to speak out.

She didn't need to think too much to know that this was a good sign.