Chapter 19: Cut Off

"Mm, I understand."

Fu Lin looked expressionless towards the corner of the wall, his eyelashes slightly drooping, not knowing what he was thinking.

Ye Fengqiu also hadn't spoken for a long time, planning to give Fu Lin some buffer time.

He quieted down this time, and Fu Lin took the initiative to speak.

"Ye Fengqiu, you said before that I lack someone who cares about me. During this time, I thought. . ."

"I thought. . ."

Unable to say it, Fu Lin shook his head lightly and stopped talking.

"You will meet someone in the future," Ye Fengqiu comforted, "and it will be someone who is not as dangerous for you."

"I don't need it anymore."

Fu Lin laughed at himself, "Isn't it good enough to live without it?"

Ye Fengqiu thought to herself--

"You call this living well?"

"But it's not all bad news. I have some good news to tell you."

Upon hearing this, Fu Lin raised his head. "Good news?"

"Do you remember that time? You had a painful attack, but after eating a candy, you felt better."

"I remember."

"At the time, I didn't know, but now it seems that the pheromones remaining on the candy box were the real reason it worked.

"Have you always kept the candy box in your bag until it was time to eat it? In a relatively closed space like that, the pheromones don't dissipate as easily."

"Hmm."

"So I've come to a conclusion--her pheromones should be able to greatly alleviate your reproductive pain, far better than painkillers." "So?" Fu Lin asked, "Since I want to keep my distance from her, what good news is this for me?"

"I plan to try to replicate her pheromones."

Ye Fengqiu said excitedly, "Although artificial pheromones are still being explored, once successful, you won't have to suffer like that anymore."

Fu Lin's expression became serious, "I don't need it."

"Why?" Ye Fengqiu asked, puzzled. "Do you really want to get used to the pain? That's impossible."

"If someone replicates your pheromones without your knowledge and uses them as a 'painkiller,' do you think you would be happy?"

"If you don't know about it, what does it matter if you're happy or not?"

Ye Fengqiu said helplessly, "Fu Lin, your sense of morality is too strong."

Fu Lin was silent for a moment, then got up to leave.

"I'm leaving first."

Ye Fengqiu always felt that Fu Lin's complexion didn't look good and was a bit worried. "Let me drive you back. You look tired, and I'm afraid something might happen on the way."

Fu Lin firmly refused, "No need, I'm fine."

"Then, be careful on your way."

After speaking, he lowered his head and began to tidy up his slightly messy desk. To be honest, he was a bit tired now and planned to sleep in the small room next door later.

Bang -

At the entrance, Fu Lin's body fell heavily to the ground.

Ye Fengqiu was startled and quickly ran over to check on Fu Lin's condition. He found that he was now incredibly cold and his face was pale.