Chapter 1 Reunion

"Auntie, can I have a bigger chicken leg?"

Xia Huaizhi stood in front of the cafeteria window, smiling at the cafeteria aunt through the glass. Her almond-shaped eyes, bent like a crescent moon, were full of desire for the chicken leg.

When she smiled, she would reveal two perfectly placed bunny teeth, making her look like a rabbit that had just seen a carrot. But this rabbit seemed to prefer meat.

"Okay." The cafeteria aunt readily agreed, scooping out the biggest chicken leg with a spoon and putting it on Xia Huaizhi's plate.

The finishing move worked once again, and Xia Huaizhi sat down contentedly, her smile still on her face.

Her seat was close to the cafeteria's television, and her ears were filled with the sound of the noon news.

"On September 16th, Therasis Group held a new product launch event with the theme of 'New Life' in Nangang City. Three new types of medical equipment were unveiled at the event. . ."

Xia Huaizhi was never interested in this kind of news, so she chose to ignore the host's deep voice and focused on eating the chicken leg in her bowl.

"Therasis Group President Fu Lin stated that the new products launched this time will completely change. . ."

Hearing that familiar name, Xia Huaizhi was suddenly struck by a huge surprise and looked up.

She urgently wanted to know--

Would this be the Fu Lin she hadn't seen for four years, three months, and eight days?

Unfortunately, the broadcast was not showing the CEO speaking, but instead focused on the new product, so she couldn't see what he looked like.

"Why is the news like this? They can't even show a close-up of the CEO speaking."

While complaining softly, she put down her chicken leg and searched for a photo of the CEO of Therasis Group on her phone.

The cafeteria's internet was always unreliable, and now it was clearly not working well, as the search results took forever to load.

She became more and more anxious, constantly praying in her heart, "Please don't let it be someone with the same name and surname, it has to be him. . ."

At the same time, her remaining reason told her--he's the CEO, he couldn't have been promoted at such a young age.

As she struggled with these thoughts, the cafeteria's internet suddenly came back, and a familiar face appeared on her phone screen.

It really was him!Xia Huai Zhi's anxiety turned into excitement as she leaned closer to the screen to carefully observe the man in the photo.

His appearance had not changed much from before, but his temperament had undergone some changes, adding a touch of maturity and sharpness that he didn't have in high school.

This was just perfect and more in line with her current taste. It was no wonder that he was the dream lover A that she had been thinking about for several years!

The chicken leg was completely forgotten in the bowl and quietly cooled down.

Xia Huai Zhi happily flipped through various photos of Fu Lin until someone stopped beside her.

Then, a slightly deep male voice sounded, "It fell on the ground."

"Huh?"

Xia Huai Zhi lowered her head and unexpectedly saw the butterfly hairpin that should have been clipped in her hair on the ground.