Chapter 23 In the Rain

Comenzar desde el principio

What Fu Lin saw when he looked up was Xia Huai Zhi's half-exposed head.

He said lightly, "Come in."

Xia Huai Zhi happily walked into the study and sat down on a chair beside it. From this angle, she could see the little turtle lying on the stone, the one that was added as her friend a few days ago.

Seeing that she was not speaking, Fu Lin reminded her, "What do you want to talk to me about?"

She said pitifully, "Let me rest for a while. The journey was too long, and I'm a bit tired."

Actually, it was not because she was tired, but because she wanted to see if there was any obvious conflict between herself and Fu Lin. She had just removed the suppression on the back of her neck, and now she was in a natural state. The result of the test would be more realistic.

Fortunately, she hasn't smelled her own pheromones or felt any tendency to become irritable.

As expected, how could she become irritable in front of Fu Lin? She was too happy to even think about it.

So she secretly made up her mind, gathered her courage, and walked up to Fu Lin, calling out, "Senior."

Fu Lin looked up and their eyes met.

At that moment, all the drafts she had prepared were useless, and she could only speak the most straightforward language.

"Senior, I think you must have already noticed. I've liked you since a few years ago, and I will continue to like you in the future."

As soon as she said this, her nervousness reached its peak, and both of her hands were trembling. But she still didn't move her gaze away from Fu Lin, not wanting to miss any of his tiny reactions.

"I feel like you might like me too. . . If that's the case, can we be together? I really want to be with you, I've been thinking about it all the time recently, even in my dreams."

Fu Lin didn't respond for a while, and she urged him softly, "I've said everything I wanted to say, Senior, please give me an answer."

"If you don't say anything, I'll take it as a yes."

"Three."

"Two."

"One. . ."

She had only managed to say half of the "one" when Fu Lin interrupted her.

"I disagree."

Her nervousness was instantly replaced by a sense of disappointment, along with some surprise. "Why? Why don't you want to be with me?"

Fu Lin let out a shallow sigh. "Xia Huai Zhi, have you misunderstood something?"

"From the very beginning until now, I have always treated you as a junior sister, or even a sister. I have never had the kind of feelings for you that you imagine. I'm sorry to disappoint you."

"That's my answer."

Xia Huai Zhi felt like she was falling into an ice cave, and all the blood in her body was turning cold.

How could this be?

Holding hands with her, blushing for her, and the jealousy overflowing from the screen. . .

Are all of these fake?

She felt uneasy, her hands restless. The phrase "never before" overturned her previous understanding and made her earlier confidence seem ridiculous.

It's so sad. . .

Just as tears were about to fall, she suddenly calmed down.

It's impossible, absolutely impossible.