"The alpha prince sent me here to apologize because he wants you back. It was something I expected because two mates are meant to be bonded together no matter their differences. Even if both are not in the same league as you and him." She shrugged, and I chuckled sadly.

"Not all mates are meant to be together, some are meant to be rejected and pushed away till they either die of heartbreak or luckily find a second mate. And it's unfortunate that I fall into that section." I breathed, and she arched her brows, then took my palm into hers.

"I know that's what you think, but you have the wrong idea. Callen can't reject you. He was bluffing then. You won't believe he yelled at me for slapping you, and you won't want to have anything to do with me again. You are the one he wants." She stated and I flinched at that statement, pulling back as I shook my head.

"Are you for real? Then why did he send you and not come himself?" I snapped, flipping my hair as my brows creased. It sounds really unbelievable, but it is satisfying to hear that my mate wants me back.

"I guess he is ashamed to face you. As mates, you both should settle your scores. I will find mine very soon, and I won't want another girl to drag him with me, so it's foolish to stand in between the both of you. He loves you, and is currently waiting for you in his room." Her face beamed with a cheeky smile.

"Does he remember what his parents said about me being a mixed breed with vampires and how everyone in this pack despises me? If he accepts me, then it means I will be Luna someday. Won't he be ashamed of me? Because no one likes..."

"Shhh, just go to his room, kiss him deeply, and, you know, have good sex with your lover. The moon goddess knows why you both were fated together. Maybe to end your suffering. He needs you just the same way you need him. Now get dressed." She coaxed, grinning, and I jumped up from the bed with a squeak of joy.

"Let me go take my bath!" I cheered and ran to the bathroom, feeling on top of the world.

This was never what I expected. I was already awaiting the torture of rejection, not knowing he would change his mind and love me again. Was that why he was reluctant to reject me? Oh gosh! I'm so happy!

As I entered the bathroom, I instantly felt dizzy and nauseated, as if I would vomit. My head banged, and something in my pocket seemed to be burning my skin.

I quickly dipped my hand in and brought it out, seeing that it was Jaden's bracelet. The pearls were glowing red, and as I peered in fear at them, something began to wreak havoc in me like a beast fighting to break away from a confinement.

"She is lying! She is trying to trick you!" A voice spoke in anger and jealousy.

"What?" I gasped, looking around in search of where it came from.

"I'm inside you. Your vampire beast. I wonder when you will get used to my voice and stop looking for me elsewhere." The voice sighed. It was a female voice, but really strong and powerful, like that of a warrior. Even my wolf doesn't have such a deep voice when really enraged.

"So you are a hybrid?" I heard the low voice of my wolf and could see she was afraid of the other beast inside me.

"I think I really am. But unfortunately, it's a vampire, an enemy breed, so we are clearly cursed." I whispered back to her.

The vampire beast or whatever it was that spoke inside me didn't make any more sounds or say anything again, but the next minute, I felt a kind of power surging through my five senses, especially my hearing ability.

It became so sharp and strong that I could hear the slightest sound in the entire room clearly, and it was then that I heard what made my heart sink into my stomach.

The voice of Helen musing to herself.

"I got her. She believed me. Wow. I can't wait to scorn and taunt her after Callen is done fucking and dumping her. She is so timid and clueless to think anyone, especially someone like the alpha prince, would accept a dirty pig like her as a mate. Foolish girl!'

A sharp gasp slipped my lips as I slapped my mouth shut, breathing heavily at the realization of what was actually happening. Oh my goodness..

"I almost fell into the trap of giving my virginity to the same man that would crush me to pieces. His plan was to fuck and dump me!" I breathed shakily, swallowing hard as I began sweating already.

"Fuck it!" My wolf cursed, growling in anger and pain.

I hissed and took my bath without being as hasty as I was at first. I felt really irked.

"Hey, Selene, you have to be fast and don't keep your prince charming waiting!" Helene hollered from outside, and her voice almost made me puke.

In a few minutes, I was done bathing and stepped out with a stern face, forcing away the sheepish smile on her face when she sighted me.

"You don't look happy anymore. Are you frightened because it's your first time? He is your mate and will be gentle with....

"Helen, or whatever your name is, get out of my room!" I snapped, pointing at the door, while her jaw dropped and both eyes widened.

"What? I don't understand." She said with bewilderment in her voice as her brows furrowed at me.

"What don't you understand? That I'm too timid and clueless to think anyone, most especially someone like the alpha prince, would accept a dirty pig like me as a mate? Go and tell him you failed. You didn't get me because I won't allow him to ever touch me. Get lost!" I yelled furiously, and she cringed, realization hitting her like a rock.

"How?" She mouthed, breathing heavily as she shook her head continuously.

Slowly, she stood up from the bed without moving her eyes away from me as they studied me intently as if I were a strange being. She clearly couldn't understand how I heard what she was saying to herself, clearly in whispers, while I was in the bathroom.

Even I myself can't explain too, though.