"Sorry I haven't introduced myself, but I'm neither a slave nor a maid here." I replied straightaway, feeling really pissed.

"Then who are you? Isn't it the maid uniform that you're wearing?" She snorted, moving closer to me but covering her nose.

"My name is Selene and my parents are pack hunters. Earlier, I found out I'm the mate to the scumbag you just called a brother." I retorted strongly, not understanding where the courage really came from.

Her jaw dropped as she was taken aback at what I just uttered.

"You say what?" Her eyes widened as she asked in an inaudible tone, shaking her head.

Before I could say anything else, the door of the Alpha Prince room creaked open and he stepped out with his girlfriend, buckling his belt as beads of sweat rolled down his forehead while the girl was smirking, wrapping her hand around him the moment she saw me.

I hissed silently.

My stupid mate smiled upon seeing his sister, but a huge frown squeezed up on his face as he sighted me.

"Hey Sophia, what's up?" He waved to his sister and turned to me.

"What are you still doing here?!" He huffed at me.

"She said she is your mate! Is that a joke?" Sophia blurted.

"It's a big joke to her because I'm rejecting her right away." He scoffed without shifting his eyes from me.

"You've said this more than once. What is still holding you back from doing it?! Reject me quick and free me from having anything to do with a man like you." I fired back, and there was a loud silence as everyone stared at me in surprise, including the bodyguards standing along the hallway.

"Are you sure you're aware I am the future Alpha of this pack?" He squinted his eyes at me, making sure his words sank into my head.

"Okay, thanks for reminding me." I snapped with a shrug.

Just then, the Alpha and his Luna climbed up the stairs and met us there.

"What is going on here?" The Luna asked immediately.

"She is my brother's mate." Sophia replied, sounding like she was lamenting.

"What!!" They both exclaimed in shock and disbelief.

"Son, please reject this evil traitor immediately. I was about to tell you both about her. She isn't a normal wolf, but an enemy. She has the vampire gene and has killed a lot of our people. We had to tame her with wolfsbane and silver because she is heartless and doesn't deserve any pity. Her mother bore her after being a whore and getting pregnant for a vampire!" The Luna spat lies to them.

Really?

"I killed a lot? When? How? And please, my mother isn't a whore. No one knows how it happened." I defended, but had my mouth smacked by my mate.

"Are you insinuating that my mother is lying?" He fumed, glaring at me.

"Dead bodies of the bodyguards along the secret pathway and deep in the forest beside that abandoned river were found, and their deaths were caused by a vampire, which is clearly her that killed the last night. it had been confirmed that their death was caused by a vampire." She stated, her face showing how much she believed I was the one.

"I didn't kill anyone. After the ongoing investigation, we are all going to know the truth." I blurted.

"That reminds me. I received a message saying that the result of the investigation is out and we will all know who actually killed those boys and the guards soon. If it turns out to be you, the wolfsbane and silver torture will continue, but in the form of whips. We will create a whip with it and smelter your skin with it " The Alpha threatened, and my heart sank into my stomach as I cringed at what he said.

The Luna let out a delightful smile, her eyes glinting with joy.

"Brother, you have to reject this thing from being your mate!" Sophia stated as she scowled at me.

"I'll do that at the party tonight. I can't imagine myself having anything to do with this shit!" He scoffed and took his girlfriend's hand as they both walked away.

"Why not now!" I hissed.

Callan's POV

"Why not now?" I heard her huff at me from behind as I walked away, and the question made me embarrassed and ashamed of myself. It made me feel like a sissy.

I would have rejected her immediately, but I wanted to use it as my last card to trick her into my bed. She looked pure and must really be a virgin with those enticing, sumptuous breasts, which appeared untouched and appealing. How her tight pussy would feel around my dick was a fantasy I was sure to experience after promising her to be my Luna.

No future Alpha won't hate and instantly reject a maid mated to them. It is so disgusting to be her mate, and I badly want to reject her, but as a playboy, it was important to fuck her holes to my taste first before that.

The moment I smelled her scent and saw the maid as my mate, I was really angry. I don't want a mate yet, not to mention a poor thing like her. I am still young and need to enjoy my life. The girl I called my girlfriend is just a new catch from this city. She is nothing but another girl to use and dump.

The maid who turned out to be my mate was someone I wanted to lure to my bed using the rejection threat, but it seemed not to be working on her.

What was more confusing about her was that she doesn't care anymore. In my room, she acted broken when I mentioned rejection. She was pained when she saw me with another girl smooching and kissing passionately, but all of a sudden she had changed into a badass who doesn't give a fuck.

I heard her faint cry when she left my room, but when I eventually came out to make fun of her, those teary eyes were already dried up, and her face was cold like ice. She was even eager for my rejection.