Chapter 8: Issuing Cards

Start from the beginning

She lifted her leg and walked, and Fu Lin followed her silently, and the two of them arrived at the cotton candy stand together.

The cotton candy master greeted her warmly, "Little girl, what shape do you want?"

Xia Huaizhi glanced at the cotton candy that had already been made and found that it didn't have what she really wanted. "Boss, I want a rabbit."

"Okay."

The cotton candy master looked experienced and didn't seem to be troubled by the rabbit-shaped cotton candy.

Soon, a rabbit quietly took shape in his hands.

"Here you go."

Xia Huai Zhi reached out and asked, "Boss, how much is it?"

"It's a little more expensive for special customization, 20 yuan."

"Okay."

With the cotton candy in her left hand, Xia Huai Zhi reached into her pocket with her right hand, ready to take out her phone. However, at this moment, a transfer prompt came from the master's side -

WeChat payment of 100 yuan.

She turned her head to Fu Lin, who nodded at her and said, "Let's go."

After walking a little further, Xia Huai Zhi whispered, "You could have let me pay, why did you pay so much?" Fu Lin replied, "Happy."

Yes, he was rich, super rich, and he could indeed spend money freely because he was happy.

But. . .

Happy about what? What's there to be happy about? Who's happy?

She didn't ask out loud, afraid of exposing her thick-skinned self and being accused of being presumptuous.

She looked at the rabbit in her hand and impulsively handed it to Fu Lin, saying, "I'll give you the rabbit ears."

Fu Lin looked down and didn't take it. "This is what little girls eat."

For some reason, the words "little girl" made Xia Huai Zhi feel uncomfortable. She took back the cotton candy and said, aggrieved, "I'm not a little girl."

Fu Lin didn't say anything and held out his hand in front of her.

She reluctantly handed over the cotton candy and watched as the two rabbit ears were mercilessly plucked away. Then, she saw Fu Lin flatten the two rabbit ears and then stuff a small piece of compressed sugar into his mouth without any intention of savoring it slowly.

This person really doesn't know when to stop. . .

She ate while walking, and because she was so engrossed in eating, the butterfly hairpin on her head fell off several times. Fu Lin patiently helped her pick it up time and time again, but she didn't want to trouble him anymore, so she simply stuffed the hairpin into her pocket.

After finishing the cotton candy, she found a place to wash her hands, and then leaned against the railing by the river with Fu Lin to enjoy the breeze.

The sunset was about to arrive tonight.

The wind was a bit chilly, and she instinctively reached into her pocket and touched the hairpin she had put in earlier.

She secretly glanced at Fu Lin's profile and suddenly had a bold idea.

"Senior, can you. . . help me put on this hairpin?" Her cheeks turned red. "I can't put it on properly myself, and it keeps falling off."

Fu Lin looked at the hairpin she handed him, but didn't move.

It seemed like he was hesitating.

Just as she was about to give up, he rushed ahead of her and took the hairpin from her hand.