02| 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

"Two pair," Alejandro drops his cards on the table

"Three of a kind," Diego's cheery voice says as he takes a gulp from his beer. "Full house," I say watching the o's around the room and smirking.

"Four of a kind, bitch," Theodore says smirking as the table sounds of o's from all the guys. I high-five Theo as he takes the chips from the middle of the table the game coming to an end as we talk about random stuff.

"Mom is coming over tomorrow for her birthday and everything," Theo says taking another sip of his beer.

"Yeah she said she had something important to tell us," he continues confused. "Like why she didn't visit last year because she was stuck in Mexico?" I roll my eyes at Diego's upset tone.

"You don't know if something happened," I say looking at Diego and shaking my head.

"She just hasn't talked to us as much it's a little weird," he says looking down. "Yeah well everything's been a little weird since Rosalia's eighteenth birthday," I shiver as he speaks her name the name I love.

I gulp nothing staring at the table, zoning out, "Y'all gonna do anything for Rosalia's birthday? It's in a month so I didn't know if y'all were gonna celebrate," Theo shakes his head fast.

"If we celebrate it's like she's dead," he says bluntly unable to talk about his little sister.

I nod understanding, "She can't be dead. She just said she needs to be alone," Diego says like he's trying to convince himself that Rosa is dead.

"Who's dead?" Hugo comes down the stairs grabbing a water bottle. "No one," Alejandro dismisses it. "Y'all talking about Lia?" Hugo says her nickname confused. We nod sadly, "She's probably just exploring the world and living her life. I mean after what happened with Raymond she kinda was never the same," he speaks trying to figure out her reasoning.

I nod as the guys stare at something random. They would do anything for their little sister which is why they let couldn't stop searching.

"I get that but she barely even knew Raymond. I mean yeah he lived with us since she was six but she didn't have anything against him," Alejandro speaks trying to figure out the reason she attempted to murder him.

Hugo nods making his way upstairs, "She says it was an accident probably was," I say defending her.

They nod, "But how did he end up with so many cuts?" Alejandro continues. We all shrug as a knock sounds from the door. I go to unlock it seeing my little brother standing there, "Hey Alessandro," I say waving as he enters.

They all greet him as Alessandro goes to sit down, "What y'all talking about?"

"Just Rosalia," Theo says taking another sip of his beer, "How's Ramona?" Theo says smiling at my brother. I make my way back to my seat with another drink for Alessandro.

Alessandro instantly smiles at the sound of her name, "She's good," he nods thinking of his girlfriend.

"Damn you're whipped," I say smiling at him. "Ramona and I are partners for all the stories our boss puts us on," He says continuing. "Oh yeah, you never told us where you worked?" Diego asks.

Alessandro eyes widen as he shivers like he doesn't wanna tell us something making my brow arch. What would he not wanna tell us?

"Oh yeah, we're moving to New York because another company is being open here and our boss really likes us. She supports our relationship," he says avoiding the question.

An eyebrow of mine raises, "You avoided the question? What are you selling drugs?" I ask he has no reason not to tell us.

My little brother is a great photographer so whoever chose him to work there must be a lucky company. "Oh uh," he stutters Alessandro has never been good at lying or bluffing.

"I work at Pure News heard of it?" He says taking another sip of his beer. He's nervous and everyone at the table is aware.

I tilt my head confused, "Never heard of Pure News must've been popular in L.A. But I'll keep an eye out for the articles y'all make," Theo says smiling. "Yeah I'll look up the company tonight," Diego says smiling trying to be supportive.

"No!" Alessandro shouts shaking his hands and head quickly.

We all face him taken aback. "Sorry it's just," he pauses, "so how was the weather today?"

~~~~~~

I lay in my bed not even tipsy from the five beers I had. I think back to when Alessandro didn't want us to see his company. I grab my phone typing, "Pure News," in Safari.

I see the front page stating, "Pure
News: Never Lies," My eyes widen at the slogan as I click on an article titled, "Amelia Charlotte Rose's Unfortunate Loss," I click on the article intrigued.

My breathing slows down, my heart rate fastens, and my body freezes as I see a woman and a man kissing each other in an office.

The woman being Rosalia Rosales.

yepp

love aidan already in my mind hes hella fine😍😍

anyways hows yalls day?? good good

i hope you all have a great day/night!! love yall🫶🏼🫶🏼