The thought of her filthy hands defiling their innocence ignited a flame of vengeance within me, flickering with a terrifying intensity.

"You have my babies," I seethed, my voice dripping with a chilling determination. "You messed with the wrong woman. I may not have stopped you from getting Dante, but putting your filthy hands on my babies is where I fucking draw the line!" My words echoed with a resounding finality, letting her know this was her consequence for messing with me.

In that moment, I became the embodiment of badass. My grip tightened around her throat, fueled by the raw power of a mother's love and the unyielding desire to protect my own.

The lines between sanity and madness blurred as I leaned into the abyss, my heart pounding with a singular purpose—to make her pay, to make her suffer as she had made me suffer.

The room was filled with her chaotic cries of struggle. I was no longer Avelyn, but a demon she wishes she hadn't messed with, driven solely by the need to reclaim my stolen joy.

And as I choked her, a mixture of rage, anguish, and desperation, I vowed that once my babies were safely back in my arms, I would personally ensure that Catherine met her deserved fate. I watched her eyes now rolling to the back of her head and her nose bleeding, I knew I needed to stop but my rage just wouldn't have me remove my hand from around her neck.

In the midst of everything, a sudden and unexpected intervention shattered the escalating confrontation. An arm snaked around my waist, pulling me forcefully against a chest that was all too familiar, a chest that had etched its presence deep within my mind.

A rush of bittersweet sensations engulfed me, overwhelming my senses as his embrace possessed me, his intoxicating scent enveloping me like a warm cuddle.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Dante's voice roared through the air, cutting through the tension like a blade.

His tone brimmed with anger and frustration, directed at all of us. Mavis essentially pulls back, giving Catherine space as if seeking refuge from an impending storm. Clearly a little taken aback by Dante's presence.

Catherine, undeterred by the truth, unleashed her fury in a torrent of lies, her voice dripping with venomous deceit. "These crazy bitches attacked me over something fucking ridiculous!" Her words, laced with malice, my blood boiling with a relentless fury. She was completely disheveled with her nose bleeding as she held it up.

In that fiery moment, I mustered every ounce of strength I had left, every fragment of reason left within me. With a voice that trembled with determination, I locked my gaze onto Catherine's deceitful eyes and issued a chilling ultimatum.

"You have my fucking babies," I seethed. "I swear to God, if you return them to me unharmed, I will spare your pitiful life. You can have your chance to be with Dante, without me interfering."

Her screams continued through the room; desperation laced with a mix of fear. "Dante, I swear, it's either me or her! I refuse to remain here with a psychopath on the loose!" Her words clawed at my ear as she disregarded my ultimatum.

Fueled by desperation, I clawed at Dante's arms, my grip a desperate plea for understanding, for him to see the truth amidst the chaos that had consumed us.

Just before I could muster a response, Dante's grip around me loosened, and with a sudden force, he lowered me to the ground. His eyes blazed with fury as he looked at me, an unexpected intensity that caught me off guard. "Stop," he commanded, his voice seething with frustration.

His words echoed in my ears, each syllable piercing my heart like a dagger. I felt my world unraveling as I struggled to comprehend his disbelief. "Do you hear how this sounds, Avelyn?" he questioned, his voice filled with a mix of anger and disappointment. "Years away, and it sounds as if you've lost your fucking mind. Do you have any evidence of Catherine taking the twins?"