2.2 -Jade Of The Orient

I received a text from Mike with an address. I clicked on it, and it sent me to Google maps, 'Jade Of The Orient', that must be where we are meeting.

"Gentlemen, please fasten the seat belts and hold on. We are in for landing." Maddie explains.

Bill looks at me confused, as the seatbelts are not the easiest to find. I laugh and stand up, showing him where the seat belt is hidden. It's flat against the cushion of the seat, so it just looked like the pattern.

Bill followed my actions, sat down, and buckled up. I pushed a button, and two poles on each side of us popped up, reasting a mere inch just above the armrests of the chairs. I pushed a button on the top of them and 'Pop!' A string launches out and into the other pole. Bill confusedly follows the button pressing.

We grabbed onto the pole or string and held on. I never trusted the string, so I left the poles. Bill just followed my action, not having had poles pop up from the side of a chair on a jet.

We can feel the plane land, as the entire thing rumbles a bit. As soon as it stops, I get rid of the poles on each side of Bill and I. Then I go outside and call Richie.

I put my phone to my ear. "Hello there, handsome." Richie flirts.

"Hey, love. How close are you to Derry?" I asked him.

"Just about twenty-ish minutes away. I'm driving to the inn now. I also have your stuff." Richie explains.

"Okay, thank you. I love you. See you soon!" I say. "Love you!"

"LOVE YOU!" He shouts. I hear the beeping that showed he hung up.

"We should be only a couple minutes away. Let me call a taxi." Bill says. I nod and wait for him to call a taxi.

Bill and I were in New York. It's really far from Maine, so I flew. Richie, on the other hand, was pretty close, so he most likely just drove here in his car.

"Okay, taxi is here, let's go!" Bill says, pointing to a taxi.

We hop in, and the driver looks super shocked that two famous people just hopped into the back of his taxi.

"Jade of the Orient." I tell the driver. He nods and takes off.

Once we park at the restaurant, the driver speaks, "Can I have your guy's autographs?"

We signed his phone case and walked into the building.

"Why'd he make up sign his phone case?" Bill asks.

"No idea. Probably because then he won't lose it?" I ponder.

"Do you have a reservation?" The waitress asks.

"Yes, it's under Mike Hanlon." I say.

"Right this way." She directs.

"Bill. I'm going to the hotel for a second. I'll be back." I lie, Bill nods and follows the waitress.

I walk back outside and walk over to a bench. I sit on it and attempt to calm down. It's a pretty dark night, so I probably shouldn't be outside. Otherwise, I might go crazy, but it's a nice breeze. And, I have to wait for Stanley, who should arrive later than the others.

I saw Richie's car pull in and two others. But I ignored the vehicles and waited for Stan. Bill's here, Eddie's here, Ben, Bev, and Richie just arrived, and Mike is obviously here. That just leaves Stanley and me.

"Wow, you guys look great? What the fuck happened to me?" I hear Richie ask the two others.

I hear the rambling of them talking as it gets quieter because they go inside the building.