Before I could react, he grabbed onto my finger. His sudden movement made the whole tree shake.

"Ah-" He cupped my mouth in time, preventing my scream to wake the whole house. "Scaredy-cat," he teased, eyes twinkling. A feeling of deja vu hit me.

When I finally calmed down, he continued, holding on to my finger. "This." As if that alone was enough explanation.

"Huh?" I asked, dumbfounded.

Chuckling, he responded. "Don't think I didn't see you do this to him."

His eyes turned a deep shade of gold at the mere mention of his name.

"Adri," I chuckled, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Don't Adri me. I saw what you did. You kissed him back." His face looked sour, as if he had accidentally tasted something bitter. Well, that was true, in a way.

"I was trying to save you," I protested.

"But you didn't need to kiss him back." He insisted.

"I had to buy us some time, and if I didn't, he might get upset."

"But it's okay if I were upset?" He questioned, his eyes dangerously dark.

"Well..." I teased. The truth was I knew he would never hurt me, no matter how angry he was.

"I heard that..." He smirked, as if he caught me doing something embarrassing.

"So?" I stuck out my tongue at him while mentally shutting down my mind link so he couldn't eavesdrop on my thoughts.

"Hey, don't hide from me." He pouted. "Just so you know, from now on, I'm never ever letting you out of my sight."

"Ha," I faked laughter. "I'd like to see you try."

"I'm still angry," He said, trying to divert my attention.

"It won't happen again," I giggled at his childish antics.

"You promise?" He asked.

"Yes, Adri, I promise." I told him earnestly, looking into those beautiful eyes of his. I could get lost in them forever. Cheesy, I know.

"By the way, you stink like him." He just had to ruin the moment, didn't he?

Laughing, I said, "What are you trying to say? That I should go take a shower?"

"No," he chuckled. "It just means that I have to cover that disgusting smell, by doing this."

And he leaned forward to kiss me. Slow, gentle, passionate - he was taking his time, as if tasting something wonderful.

Wrapping my arms around him, I responded, this time without any hesitation. Sparks flew and time felt meaningless.

By the time the kiss ended, our lips were swollen but it was as if something new had begun. The problems and conflicts that happened to us in the past - they were over and well behind us. It was the start of something new and exciting.

"Look," Adri motioned me towards the sky.

The sun was peaking out of the horizon and in amazing hues of orange and yellow, the entire sky was illuminated. It was beautiful. And what made it even more memorable was having someone so special right here next to me.

"So are we together now?" I whispered, flushed.

"Do you want us to be?" He asked in response, smiling.

He took me by surprise and jumped onto the ground before I could answer him.

"Belle Celestia Diaz" He announced at the top of his lungs as he bent down onto one knee.