"Noted, Chairman Knight!" Vice President bowed at him and then left quietly.

As Vice President just left, Rick knocked and entered right before the door closed.

"Master!" Rick carefully went before Xavier and quietly called out to him.

Xavier continued looking at the documents in his hand. He replied without raising his head,

"What's the matter?"

"The newly appointed CEO Ethan of Martinez Corporation got his assistant to send you an invitation card!" Rick informed quietly, seemingly worried that he might be disturbing Xavier's focus. He then presented a red invitation card.

Xavier took a pause and raised his head. The fiery-red card with words imprinted in gold on it came into his view. The bold and loud red made him uncomfortable.

He had seen a similar invitation card on his bedside drawer!

He inspected the invitation card, then he looked at Rick. For a moment, his eyes turned icy.

Rick quickly explained, "Master, this is the invitation to the engagement to CEO Ethan of Martinez Corporation and the daughter of Mayor Johns, Victoria. It's this Friday. Back then, Logan Martinez and Madison Martinez were partners with us on several projects..."

Xavier went silent. His aura seemed to flicker several times around him. After some time, he said,

"Leave it there."

A dark storm was brewing in his ocean-deep eyes. Rick felt oddly uncomfortable, but he did not say anything. He quickly left the invitation there and got out of the room.

"Wait!"

Before Rick completely exited the room, Xavier's voice reached his ears. Rick halted his steps and then quickly turned around.

"Anything else, Master?" Rick asked politely whilst feeling anxious.

Xavier kept quiet for a brief moment. Then, he looked up at Rick and said,

"Did the PR Department arrange some guests to come over during our company anniversary celebrations?"

"Huh? Ye-yes! They are mainly the ambassadors of Imperial Sky Jewellery City, and also several popular celebrities. Hopefully, it can help to create a more relaxed environment and help smoothen the promotional work in the future," Rick quickly replied.

Xavier pondered his words and then said, "Help me get the PR manager to come up here."

PR manager?

Was he worried about the anniversary?

Master usually...

However, he did not dare to question his Master's intentions, so he nodded and then went out of the room.

After the discussion about the endorsement for Imperial Sky Jewellery City, it was already noon when they walked out of Glory World Corporation. The sun was high up in the sky with the dry wind blowing through.

Victoria took the expensive-looking coat her manager handed her and wore it. She turned around to gaze at the enormous building and was stunned for a moment.

As expected of one of the leading businesses of New York City, even she felt tiny as she stood before such a huge building.

The scene where Xavier passed her closely played in her mind. As people said, he was not very friendly and cold towards other people.

It was her first time experiencing something like this!

She knew that even a prideful person like Ethan was really impressed by that person as well.