You Reap What You Woe 5.5

Photos were being taken at the crime scene, where the local coroner had apparently killed himself. 

Sheriff Galpin watched, as the corpse was transported away, when a detective approached him: "First time someone's killed themselves in the morgue. Guys don't know what to do with the body."
"what do you got?", the Sheriff dragged his words, already having a bad feeling about all this. Not another body. 
"gun was legal and registered in his name. Colt .45. The janitor said he kept it in his desk."

The Sheriff shook his head ever so slightly: "I just saw Doc last week. He was planning a cruise with his wife. He seemed all excited about retirement."

The woman sighed: "guess you never know what's going through someone's mind."

"a bullet, apparently.", the Sheriff looked at the ceiling corners: "we got security footage?"

"Nope. Camera was obscured. Black bubblegum.", the woman pointed towards the camera lense. "I got them scrubbing through video tape to find out how long it's been there."

"Black bubblegum...", Galpin said, more to himself. "you don't say..."

"the suicide note says he felt guilty about an old case. Says he covered it up, faked the coroner's report, and has been living with guilt for all these years."

Galpin took the bloody note in his hand and asked: "what case?"

"uh, Garrett Gates."

The Sheriff looked up immediately: "Garrett Gates. You gotta be kidding me."

"you heard of it?"

"I've been waiting 30 years to put away his murderer."

"you know who did it?", the Detective asked, doutful. 

"there's only ever been one suspect. I always thought they were covering up the truth.", the Sheriff smiled. "Now I got my proof..."

°°°°

Wednesday and Y/n had decided to meet in the city again, right at the burnt statue of Joseph Crackstone. 
The looked at it silently, for a little while. 

His face looked like a skull now, since the metal had burnt. 

Y/n was snapped out of her trance, when her sister nudged her in the ribs, gesturing to a person walking towards the town cemetery. 

It was their mother, who graciously walked there in her black dress, a single red rose in hand. 

The girls slowly followed, creeping behind a little, to not get noticed immediately. 

They watched, as Morticia tore off the red rose petals and threw the stem onto an old grave. 

"what are you doing, Mother?", Y/n asked rhetorically. 

Morticia threw the petals over her shoulder and disappeared with the same eerie aura as always. 

Wednesday took Y/n's hand and they strode towards the grave.

Garrett Gates. 

Death: 1990

The girls looked at one another. Where their parents really murderers?

°°°°

A few hours later, everyone had gathered in the school yard for a nice family-buffet. 

"mhm... I am famished.", Morticia commented. "you're not hungry darlings?", she didn't even bother to turn to her children. 

The twins stood right at the end of the table, arms crossed and their glares cold.