Chapter Forty-Nine

Start from the beginning

          His face is so near yours, his breath mingles with yours in the space between you. You swallow and you lick your lip latently, your heart pounding and cheeks flushing. You speak in a soft voice, just barely above a whisper, "Yes, Professor..."

          His eyes watch your tongue glide across your lips and then slowly rake down your body and back up again. He watches you with a quiet hunger, like a wolf lying in wait to pounce on a defenseless little lamb. "Did you obey me?" He smirks when you quickly nod. "Show me, then." You timidly raise your skirt and reveal your underwear to him and his eyes darken in want. "That's my good girl..."

          Your heart begins pounding violently as his hand slowly inches higher and higher up your thighs, finally making contact with your silky panties. His thumbs slowly slip underneath the seam on either side and you inhale softly, your lips parted and your body still and waiting. His thumbs slide along the seam, back toward your bum where he grasps and gently squeezes.

          He tugs slowly down on the panties...then stops, speaking in a low rumble, "Tell me...what information you learned tonight?" You whine, "Oh, come on, Professor!" He suddenly releases you and drops the hem of your skirt and stands, turning to go, "Wait!" You scowl at him, "Alright, fine. If you want to force it out of me..."

          He chuckles softly and gives you a wry look, "Coming from the girl..." he steps close and touches your chin, "...who just...loves...being interrogated by me." You blush and look down and he smirks, leaning down to speak lowly in your ear, "You like being persuaded...and I am happy to oblige." His eyes follow the movement of his fingertips as they delicately graze down your neck and trace your shoulder, sending shivers down your spine. His breath on your ear makes you weak. "So, tell me...what information you learned tonight?"

          You swallow hard and speak in a soft voice, "Angel's been using her minions to spy on me..." He pulls back and looks at you with a creased brow, his voice changing to one of concern, "Y/n, that's...pathological." You roll your eyes at her tactics and shrug indifferently, "She's just taking some extreme measures to get revenge." He continues looking at you a moment, the crease between his brow deepening.

          He takes your hand and sits back down on your bed, pulling you up onto his lap, "Sweetheart...that's not normal or acceptable behavior. Not that bullying ever is, but...that's not just an extreme measure, it's...obsessive. If this type of behavior is ignored, it can become...quite dangerous, actually." His eyes peer into yours for a moment. "Do you understand?"

          Your brows knit in question but you slowly nod. He searches your face a moment. "Is that why you wanted the sentries?" You nod, "Apparently she's having them rummage through my room as well." He inhales sharply, his tongue pressing against the inside of his cheek. "Y/n, there does come a point where I will have to act as your teacher, not just your lover." You nod and look away, thinking it over, secretly blushing at him calling himself your "lover."

          "Let's just see if my threat works. If it doesn't, you can intervene. In the meantime, let's see if she backs off." He exhales and after a few moments nods, "Alright then. Though...I actually would like to test out the guards, for your safety." You're surprised to see for the first time, a look of uncertainty crossing his face about his own magic. He stands to leave the room, closing the door behind him. 

          You hear the doorknob rattling for a moment, then after a few seconds his deep voice mutters from under the door, "Miss Y/n, permission to enter?" You smile and open the door back up to him, gesturing him inside. He steps in next to you and nods to where the sentries stand. "Ask them." He watches thoughtfully.

          "Um...sentries, has anyone attempted to enter my dormitory?" An impossibly deep, echoing voice answers back, "Yes." "Who?" "Severus Snape." Your eyes widen, impressed. "Thank you, sentries. For keeping watch. And. For your help. And..." Snape chuckles to himself at your awkward politeness to the insentient magical armor.