I opened my eyes to a warm light, nurturing as the sunlight after a cold rainy day.

I feel so much better. A good rest does miracles.

I stand, feeling more rejuvenated than ever. "Alucard, I'm well rested now and I'm ready to reenter the fray. Belmont can't have all the fun." I scratched my head, gazing confused around an empty room. "Alucard, where are you?" My voice rang clearly as the only sound, I entered the cellar to find it completely empty, not a person, not even a vampire or demon in sight.

"Hello!? Alucard? Trevor? Sypha! Greta!? Is anyone here!?"

An unknown voice called my name. "Hello? Is someone there?" I turned and followed it out of the cellar. The castle was eerily deserted. No vampires, no night creatures, no humans fighting for their lives. Just empty halls and my shadow among them.

"What the hell is this?" I whispered, my voice and footsteps the only sounds. "Hello!" I called a distant voice, now growing louder. "I'm here! I'll get to you, just stay where you are!"

As I hurried on I heard the sounds of battle, distant and faint as if happening miles away. Weapons clashed, people screamed, vampires hissed and snarled. It all sounded near but at the same time very far the more I became aware of it. "I need to find my friends quickly! Where is my staff, did Trevor take it while I was resting? If he did, I'll clout him in the head with it when I get it back!"

"Is that the way to treat your last living relative?" Chuckled a familiar voice. "My my, the Belmont fire burns strongly from its source. It's no wonder they've survived this long, but I fear I'll have to snuff out the last flame if you don't act soon." The Angel of Death appeared out of a shadowed corner.

"You don't have much time." Morae ushered . "If you want to finish the fight and see it to the end, follow me." I walked beside her in a brisk pace. "What the hell is going on? Where is everyone?"

"You know very well what's going on." Morae said.

"No, I do not!" I snapped. "My friends and foes are nowhere to be found, and I hear the chaos of battle but I don't see it. Something's not right and I don't like it! Are the refugees who escaped through the tunnel at least safe?

"Don't fear for them." Morae assured. "All who you stood to defend are safe, and not a single life lost." She gave me a curious side glance. "Except for yours."

"WHAT!?" My heart would've leapt out of my chest if I felt it. " Are you telling me I'm dead!?"

"Why else would I be here?" Morae shrugged her shoulders.

"Fuck!!" I screamed. "I can't die now! They need me!" I remembered the last thing I saw before closing my eyes. Alucard pleaded for me to stay awake while cradling me in his arms. I felt more exhausted than I'd ever been. " Oh my God...Adrian....I'm sorry.." I cried. "I'm so sorry..."

Morae put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "There is a way you can still help him. Come along."

"Where are you taking me?" I sniffled.

"You'll see. Now stay close to me! I'm the only thing keeping your soul from being siphoned into the Corridor. If he gets a hold of you it's game over. He won't need a feeble meal of a million innocents to become completely unstoppable."

"He?" I asked, before shuddering. "Oh no. It's him isn't it? He's returned."

"Yes." She confirmed my deepest dread. "The creature humans call Death, a primordial spirit from the beginning of time feeding off the essence of souls." She clutched a fist to her heart. "A creature of my own being and creation."