Chapter 30: She's Awake and Needs a Hobby ( part 2 )

Mera followed Hagrid in the mythical creature reserve with a blank expression and Winter-Star on her shoulders. Mera then raised her brow as she realized where Hagrid took her.

Mera: Why would the reserve cheer me up?

Hagrid: Your brother used to tell me how much you loved critters and how it seemed that every critter that you've met forms a bond with ya. So, maybe making some critter friends will put your mind at ease.

Mera then watched as Hagrid left, leaving her at the reserve. She sighed in annoyance as she was tired of people mentioning her brother.

Mera: How exactly is a creature from the reserve supposed to put my mind at ease? And even I did want to make a " critter friend ", what creature would it be?

Winter-Star meowed in response.

Mera: Exactly, Winter-Star.

( Slight time skip, at the Great Hall )

Mera sat down the Slytherin table for dinner, Merula, Rowan, Barnaby, and Ismelda sat down with her shortly after.

Barnaby: Hey, Mera. Where have you been all day?

Mera: ( blankly and honestly: ) Trying to avoid any talk of my brother or the cursed vaults, or about myself.

Rowan: You did really worry us, Mery...

Mera: ( blankly and honestly: ) And I do apologize for worrying you all, but there's no need for making a big deal about it.

Ismelda: Okay, then where were you all day?

Mera: ( blankly: ) At the Mythical creature reserve, Hagrid thought me making friends with a mythical creature could set my mind at ease. Which is-

Barnaby: ( happily: ) I think it's a good idea. What kind of creature are you going to tame? Maybe a Bowtruckle?

Ismelda: A Bowtruckle? You're kidding right? Didn't you see how powerful her Revelio Charm was?

Mera: ( under her breath: ) Why must you bring that up?

Ismelda: I think a Horntail is more fitting for her.

Rowan: Maybe something safer, like a niffler?

Mera: ( blankly: ) I never said that I was actually going to do it.

Merula: It would be something you could do outside of your studies and the curse vaults-

Mera: ( blankly: ) I've lost my appetite. I'll be in my dorm room.

Mera then walked away from the group and out of the Great Hall.

( Slight Time skip, at night )

Mera was at the clearing within the Forbidden Forest, and was practicing the spells she'd learned from Hogwarts. The clearing had some dummies that Mera made out of stuff she found in the forest. She was holding out her wand with a determined expression.

Mera: ( thoughts: ) Come on, work normally, not powerful. ( Out loud: ) Incendio!

After she casted Incendio and when she saw that it did what it to the last dummy she casted it on, she let out a yell of frustration.

Mera: ( angrily, at herself: ) WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE NORMAL FOR ONCE?! WHY YOU JUST BE A NORMAL AVERAGE WITCH LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE?! NOT SOME PATHETIC OVERPOWERED WITCH WHO CAN'T EVEN CAST A SIMPLE SPELL NORMALLY!!

Mera then took a deep breath before she sat down on the ground.

Mera: ( sighs ) Maybe I should do something other than studying and spells... I just...want to be normal...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Do you think Mera should tame a mythical creature? If so, what kind of creature do you think she should tame?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜