Chapter 25: Making Fire

Mera and Merula went to the courtyard, and walked to Bill, who was waiting for them. Mera quickly saw that Hagrid, and a few other students were also in the courtyard.

Mera: ( blankly, to Bill: ) Just to be clear you do realize that there are other people here, right?

Bill: Yeah, but I'm sure it ain't anything to worry about. How are you two feeling?

Merula: Confident.

Mera: ( blankly and honestly: ) Like I'm constantly getting reminded of my brother's obsession every time I see someone.

Bill: Okay... ( To Merula: ) Is she always like this?

Merula: Sometimes, you'll get used to it. Maybe. You said that we needed to learn one more thing?

Bill: I'm assuming either of you have learned Incendio in Defense Against the Dark Arts. The professor is hardly ever around, and even when he is, he's hardly ever teaching.

Mera: I do believe he will be fired very soon... I mostly learned most of my Defense Against the Dark Arts in my books about it.

Merula: Yeah, I feel like I haven't learned anything in that class...

Bill: I can't imagine there's a better spell for dealing with cursed ice than the Fire-Making Spell.

Mera: ( thoughts: ) And with that said... I better avoid using that spell in the Cursed Vault, the last thing I need in my head is the image of a cooked person.

Bill: It's dangerous, so you'll need to study Incendio before I can teach you how to cast it. I take it you both have a copy of The Standard Book of Spells back in your Common Room?

Merula: Yes-

Mera calmly pulls out a copy of the book that Bill mentioned with a blank expression.

Merula: Where did you-

Mera: ( to Merula, blankly and honestly: ) May I remind you that I like to read in isolation after classes when you aren't getting to help you with the Cursed Vaults stuff? Also, do I need to remind you that Rowan has six editions of The Standard Book of Spells?

Merula: ( sighs and rolls her eyes ) Fair point.

Mera: Come on, Merula, let's go study.

( Slight time skip )

Mera was studying while Merula was talking to Rowan.

Rowan: ( excitedly, to Merula: ) What was it like training with Bill Weasley?

Merula: It was cool. Apparently Mera reminded him of one of his brothers...

Rowan: I'm so jealous. Did he ask about me?

Merula: I don't think he knows who you are, Rowan.

Rowan: Oh...

Merula: But Mera did tell him that you have six editions of The Standard Book of Spells.

Mera: ( to Merula and Rowan, without taking her eyes off her book: ) Which Merula should be studying.... unless she wants me to do....this.